News: Perry closes on saintly move

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY prop Josh Perry is expected to sign a three-year deal with English club St Helens by the weekend.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4860-perry-closes-on-saintly-move.html">Read the full article</a>

If Matai goes, I really hope it's for squillians in the old dart. I'd hate to face him in the NRL. With both Hoppa and Whare coming through, and damn, they ARE coming through, the loss will be a LITTLE easier. I just hope Whare gets that aggressive attitude Matai has, because that is needed in our team.

No loss Perry, but I'd hope we keep Matai for two more seasons.  He's playing his best for years and if he can stay on the paddock and out of the judiciary, he'll be good for us. 

Interesting that we will keep one of Trent or Matai - who is more important?

As above Matai is vital to us however we have back up centres coming through (Whare/Hoppa/Farrer when Brett is back).

Good hlafbacks are hard to find but is Trent the right one?

I will leave it to Des.

I remember many bleated for years for paying $270k for a half & captain, but now happy to spend same for a 13 game veteran ;)

Don't have much of an opinion on this stuff but boy did i miss Matai running out from dummy half last Sunday.

If Whare can do that then it'd be 1000% easier to see Matai go. 

As for Hodko, who knows.  But i think his right side combo with Gift, Lyon and T Rex is awesome

In my opinion, Hodko should sign earlier than later. If we get pumped by The Titans, then Rabbits, and he is basically anonymous in these losses, his value would drop substantially, no?

Imagine the Dogs came back with, sorry mate, $160k now, take it or leave it....

The past few games have warranted such a price drop.

byso link said:
I remember many bleated for years for paying $270k for a half & captain, but now happy to spend same for a 13 game veteran ;)

We paid more than $270k a year for Drawford. More like $450k plus extras.  He was one of the highest paid players in the NRL.

I have heard a rumour that we may be chasing Sika Manu from the storm to replace Perry.  

We have signed Daniel Harrison from the dogs on good money and combined with money set aside for Manu there was not enough for Trent.  Hence why we are waiting for notifcation  that the salary cap will be increased next year so we can increase of offer to him.

Does Hodko really want to play behind an already soft pack, and without their best, Hannant, who's returning to the Broncos? Meanwhile the Dogs spend their money re-signing Kimmorley in preference to strengthening the pack?  Difficult to see how that move helps his development and longterm career prospects.

I was refering to Monas. ;)

tookey link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=183557.msg266106#msg266106 date=1276140857]

We paid more than $270k a year for Drawford. More like $450k plus extras.  He was one of the highest paid players in the NRL.

I have heard a rumour that we may be chasing Sika Manu from the storm to replace Perry. 

We have signed Daniel Harrison from the dogs on good money and combined with money set aside for Manu there was not enough for Trent.  Hence why we are waiting for notifcation  that the salary cap will be increased next year so we can increase of offer to him.
[/quote]

Rex if it was a move based on a success on park the Dogs would not be in the race

It is the nature of things in footy...it helped us get BK and kite...

byso link said:
I was refering to Monas. ;)

[quote author=tookey link=topic=183557.msg266113#msg266113 date=1276150021]
[quote author=byso link=topic=183557.msg266106#msg266106 date=1276140857]

We paid more than $270k a year for Drawford. More like $450k plus extras.  He was one of the highest paid players in the NRL.

We have signed Daniel Harrison from the dogs on good money and combined with money set aside for Manu there was not enough for Trent.  Hence why we are waiting for notifcation  that the salary cap will be increased next year so we can increase of offer to him.
[/quote]
[/quote]

So much bleating about our last two half backs it was easy to be confused.

lsz link said:
Rex if it was a move based on a success on park the Dogs would not be in the race

It is the nature of things in footy...it helped us get BK and kite...

Success on the park?! In the past 30 years the Dogs haven't had too many lean years. They tend to bounce back quicker than any other Sydney team when re-building. This year they have struggled with injury and have paid the price, something that is threatening to de-rail our season as well.

I am not a Dogs fan but respect where it is due, they have been the most successful NSW team since the 1980.

Sorry moops should be clearer....i meant current success i.e. position on the table when a player joins (not joke clubs like the sharks..)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4