News: Penn backs Delmege selling out of Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masterbella....You are a dickhead, not much more needs saying. go to bed and play with yourself......and as a moderator shut this down stupid

Frogz link said:
Masterbella....You are a dickhead, not much more needs saying. go to bed and play with yourself......and as a moderator shut this down stupid

Dear lord....is this where this site has come to?

Matabele link said:
On the contrary, have a look at the timing and context of the Zorba article that pronounces the 24 hour so-called deadline.  No doubt it fell at a time when he wished to blow smoke up the ample Delmege derriere.  We all know Zorba is a master of this.

It defies logic that the club would have folded.  That lines was used to spook members into supporting the buy-out.  There were many contingencies lined up in the background - all made hypothetical by Plan A getting up.

But that doesn't excuse what followed.  Monaghan and the trusty steed and the night of long knives.  Both cost the club big time.  So forgive me for not joining in on the eulogies to the great man.  We're clearly better off without him now, does anyone dispute that?

I don't smite by the way.

When I said your problem with Delmege started way, way before the GFC, you said no - your problems with Delmege started in Feb 2009.  Now you indicate they started with Monaghan.  Were you lying then or are you lying now? Can you man up and admit my statement was accurate?

Your claim that you do not smite is ludicrous.  Postings from you without a sarcastic, negative, smite-filled tone and hen's teeth share similar frequencies. You know that.  I know that.  We all know that.  And that poor desperate soul who presses the smite button when your pronouncements are challenged is communicating that they don't believe you are strong enough to look after yourself through simple banter, making you look weaker.

We know that if all of Delmege, King, Lowe, Peters, and the entire list of all your past and present targets of abuse disappeared overnight from Manly, then there'd be barely a breath taken before you'd replaced them with a brand new list of targets of abuse within Manly.  He who can't accept himself, can't accept others.  

And yes Ryan, if he who dishes out smites and abuse isn't prepared to take it in return, then he should look at his first choice.

Oh Rex, it is so hard for you.  I had misgivings after the Monaghan debacle.  The night of long knives confirmed the bad news. 

I take it you have some proof of my alleged smiting behaviour, or is it only I who must fulfill an onus pf proof? 

As for Frogz - climb back under the rock from whence you came.  Your rambling gibberish betrays you. 

It is easy Matabele.  There's no need to be disingenuous. Your game plan is old and well-known and easily seen through. Your game plan is spreading the pain you won't face, within and without. Manly is just your current vehicle and smiting your GPS. Delmege today, your kids tomorrow.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185968.msg307371#msg307371 date=1290591060]
On the contrary, have a look at the timing and context of the Zorba article that pronounces the 24 hour so-called deadline.  No doubt it fell at a time when he wished to blow smoke up the ample Delmege derriere.  We all know Zorba is a master of this.

It defies logic that the club would have folded.  That lines was used to spook members into supporting the buy-out.  There were many contingencies lined up in the background - all made hypothetical by Plan A getting up.

But that doesn't excuse what followed.  Monaghan and the trusty steed and the night of long knives.  Both cost the club big time.  So forgive me for not joining in on the eulogies to the great man.  We're clearly better off without him now, does anyone dispute that?

I don't smite by the way.

When I said your problem with Delmege started way, way before the GFC, you said no - your problems with Delmege started in Feb 2009.  Now you indicate they started with Monaghan.  Were you lying then or are you lying now? Can you man up and admit my statement was accurate?

Your claim that you do not smite is ludicrous.  Postings from you without a sarcastic, negative, smite-filled tone and hen's teeth share similar frequencies. You know that.  I know that.  We all know that.  And that poor desperate soul who presses the smite button when your pronouncements are challenged is communicating that they don't believe you are strong enough to look after yourself through simple banter, making you look weaker.

We know that if all of Delmege, King, Lowe, Peters, and the entire list of all your past and present targets of abuse disappeared overnight from Manly, then there'd be barely a breath taken before you'd replaced them with a brand new list of targets of abuse within Manly.  He who can't accept himself, can't accept others. 

And yes Ryan, if he who dishes out smites and abuse isn't prepared to take it in return, then he should look at his first choice.
[/quote]

Not you Rex, just the abuse filled, expletive filled posts that seriously dumb down the forums. Any posts with a "you are a" in it are just droll. It just feels as though the forums have dumbed down considerably over the past few months.

You get lots more with empathy & intelligent debate than abuse.

Everybody needs to relax, and argue the subject at hand, not tear into each other in a childish way.

Sure, us old timers heckle each other, but we do it in a sarcastic, non-serious way (Fro and I the other day), but that is meaningless, and everyone knows it.

Out and out hostility is just immature on a website.

Yes Ryan.  And the posts directed at Matabele were a mere reflection of what he directed at others.  Mirroring.  You can see that?

There is the question of what is the truth.  And Matabele will argue that he sees the truth and others will argue that they see the truth.  And that argument can go on for eternity because minds which are already set in concrete will always find ample evidence to support predetermined (and distorted) views.

Another approach is looking at where does this all lead.  Like what is the outcome of dragging Delmege's name through the mud here?  He's gone.  Matabele wanted Penn to go much further in attacking Delmege publicly.  What would that achieve?  Apart from further stirring up bad blood, and disturbed emotions, it fosters ongoing wars involving Penn and Manly.  It gives fuel to the media playing up and fueling unrest in Manly. And it makes sponsors nervous of associating their name with this craziness.  And it appeases and fuels some overinflated egos. And what positive purpose?

On the other hand where would it lead to be gracious and thankful (which is presumably where your 4 sentence summary was directed)?

Rex link said:
It is easy Matabele.  There's no need to be disingenuous. Your game plan is old and well-known and easily seen through. Your game plan is spreading the pain you won't face, within and without. Manly is just your current vehicle and smiting your GPS. Delmege today, your kids tomorrow.
The last vestiges of the desperate is to bring one's kids into a debate.  Not to mention it's a profound and judgemental leap for someone who hasn't even met me.  Those who have speak otherwise, but if making snide asides about the fatherhood of a stranger in a forum floats your boat, then so be it.  Let it be the measure of you as a man.

Back to the issue at hand, Penn emerges from the smoking rubble of the past few years victorious and vindicated.  Credit should be given to him for hanging in and saving the club whilst weighed down by the baggage of Delmege's insolvency and boardroom wranglings that were, at best, Phyric.  History will be written by the victors, we all know that.  It would be much easier for you if you just accept it and move on.  But old habits and factions die hard I guess. 

Matas is an arrogant snob at times, theres no doubting that.

But attacking along the family line is a bit off Rex.

An "attack" is in the eyes of the beholder.  No surprise Matabele searching for a sympathy line, somewhat of a surprise you'd fall for it though Fro.

The patterns we build for seeing the world easily carry into other parts of our lives.  A pattern of seeing non-existent threats in crowded places expands to seeing non-existent threats outside of frequently visited places, expands to seeing non-existent threats going out your front door. That's how claustrophobia develops when left unchallenged.  Not surprisingly, therapy for developing claustrophobics doesn't involve sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring where the condition may lead.

It takes little insight to see that a deeply entrenched pattern of seeing black-and-white negatives in those outside the home doesn't need to expand far to seeing black-and-white negatives in those inside the home. 

Not an attack, more a seeing of where these patterns may easily lead, left unchallenged.

I don't see Matabele so much as an arrogant snob as a scared little boy.

Surely even the pop psychology text book would caution against extrapolating forum avatars into psychological profiling of people one has never met.  Hilarious.  Would never have thought Rex would fall for that one. 

Matabele link said:
Surely even the pop psychology text book would caution against extrapolating forum avatars into psychological profiling of people one has never met.  Hilarious.  Would never have thought Rex would fall for that one. 

This is getting better.

So you're now saying you're hiding the "real" Matabele, and that the real Matabele doesn't smite, attack characters, have black-and-white simplistics views of the world, etc, etc.

When's the election? :)

The real Matabele treats the whole silvertails caper as a bit of a lark and finds people who take it oh so seriously very amusing. 

So the real Matabele loves Max to the Max then?

And the short form of tabele is simply "x"?

Rex for someone who spouts quasi intellectual clap trap I am surprised at how quickly you bite at Mata

If nothing else it is fun to watch Mata go fishing

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7