News: Penn backs Delmege selling out of Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
If Delmege hadn't come in on his mangy steed there were other possibilities in the wings, mightt just have delayed the recovery 12 months as we might not have nabbed Kennedy or Kite in time.

Matabele, you've provided your theory of what hypothetically would have happened if Delmege hadn't intervened to save Manly.  Any hard evidence?  Or is this speculation that you are urging us to believe on blind faith?

How does your theory of a 12 month delay for some other unidentified White Knight saving Manly reconcile with Penn's Uncle Pete, clearly no mate of Delmege, writing in the Manly Daily that Manly were mere "days" away from extinction before Delmege intervened?

If Delmege throwing money to be Manly's sponsor when no-one else would is so easy and essentially cost-free as you suggest, should we demand that Penn now step up? Or perhaps you?

C/W - Penn is not dumb.  He is well experienced in knowing how media can twist what is said.  And he knew before speaking his comments were potential headlines.  Simple remedy?  A press release on the official site and then the source of any twisting is revealed.

I'm still picking ,myself up off the floor having read Rex' assertion that what Zorba says is gospel.  That will do me.

I did not know the media would have bothered to interview Matabele,i thought they'd interview important people,so if they have interviewed you im sorry,i was under the impression you were just another douche who posted on Silvertails.net and had no real claim to fame

Shane if you dont hijack threads I think you should seriously take a look at yourself :)

Such worthwile ideals are what this site was built on and what makes it great.

There is no such thing as a thread that can't be jacked, and there are some experts on here :)

EG. gee North Korea is asking for it yesterday weren't they??

i'm not commenting on the content of the hijack, but the jack itself.

personally i dont think either side of this pillowfight has covered themselves in anything resembling glory.

both as bad as each other IMO, but we needed both at varying times.

jjai link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=185968.msg307215#msg307215 date=1290554084]
Excuse my ignorance, but who is Max Delmage?
<<<<<<<<obviously a fan of the northern eagles here ::)
In all fairness I think Flip was joking about the spelling of his name.
[/quote]

Matabele link said:
I'm still picking ,myself up off the floor having read Rex' assertion that what Zorba says is gospel.  That will do me.
"Clever" diversion.  I said nothing - zip - about Peter Peters spouting gospel Matabele.  If you care to actually read you'll see I'm asking you how you reconcile the gospel you spout with what Peter Peters said.  Given that Peter Peters is Penn's uncle.  Actually, every report from the club has backed what Peters said and not one of them has back your colourful fantasy.

So which would you have us trust, and why?

Rex didn't you know Zorba is Tony Abbott is disguise. lol.

Don't expect an answer of all the other options we had at the time because everyone except Matabele knows there weren't any.

Mata has painted himself into a corner and isn't man enough to admit he's wrong.

swoop link said:

Don't expect an answer of all the other options we had at the time because everyone except Matabele knows there weren't any.

Mata has painted himself into a corner and isn't man enough to admit he's wrong.
Yes swoop, I enjoy the way Matabele loves painting himself into ever-narrowing hopeless corners.  And then uses diversion as if we're too engrossed in his display with his left hand to see his sleight of hand with his right.

Also love that every time we challenge Matabele our smite count goes up.  Like an equation.  Death, taxes and being smited when challenging Matabele. Once you welcome smites and dog barks, you see challenging Matabele pronouncements is like training a dog to bark on command.

Rex link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=185968.msg307344#msg307344 date=1290581459]

Yes swoop, I enjoy the way Matabele loves painting himself into ever-narrowing hopeless corners.  And then uses diversion as if we're too engrossed in his display with his left hand to see his sleight of hand with his right.

[/quote]  On the contrary, have a look at the timing and context of the Zorba article that pronounces the 24 hour so-called deadline.  No doubt it fell at a time when he wished to blow smoke up the ample Delmege derriere.  We all know Zorba is a master of this.

It defies logic that the club would have folded.  That lines was used to spook members into supporting the buy-out.  There were many contingencies lined up in the background - all made hypothetical by Plan A getting up.

But that doesn't excuse what followed.  Monaghan and the trusty steed and the night of long knives.  Both cost the club big time.  So forgive me for not joining in on the eulogies to the great man.  We're clearly better off without him now, does anyone dispute that?

I don't smite by the way.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4