News: Penn backs Delmege selling out of Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rex link said:
A radical idea - to be appreciative of the Delmeges AND the Penns?

Appreciative of current sponsors Quantum, AAA Radiators, Penn Health, etc, as well as old sponsors, be it Delmege, Pepsi, or whoever?

My guess is that deep down we can all see this divisive B/S only hurts Manly and our ability to attract new sponsors. 

Indeed,i just wish our saviours would respect eachother

This whole malarkey started when Delmege couldn;t come through with the money to bail out the Leagues club.

Swoop/Shane Schmuck

Matabele link said:
This whole malarkey started when Delmege couldn;t come through with the money to bail out the Leagues club.

Swoop/Shane Schmuck

No.  Your anti-Delmege malarkey started way, way before the GFC.

Matabele link said:
Nah mate, started February 2009 the day after the night of long knives.
So you're saying if for any reason Penn experiences some cashflow difficulties then you'll be the first in line with the knife in the back treatment?

Matabele link said:

Swoop/Shane Schmuck

UMADBRO?
Cashflow isnt as guaranteed as you touching yourself
you know,i mean if it was then my sockpile in the corner
would be a growing testimate to my fortune

At the end of the day both Penn and Delmege love the eagles and both put there hard earned cash to save and support our club .We should appreciate and respect them for this.

BOZO link said:
At the end of the day both Penn and Delmege love the eagles and both put there hard earned cash to save and support our club .We should appreciate and respect them for this.

I love them both,i just wish Penn didnt succumb to his ego and bash into Delmage recently,as per the topic name

Matabele link said:
Nah mate, started February 2009 the day after the night of long knives.

BOZO link said:

I have plenty of admiration for both because without them Manly was as good as gone.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290379748[/time]

Matabele link said:
This whole malarkey started when Delmer could;t come through with the money to bail out the Leagues club.

Swoop/Shane Schmuck

As for the "night of long knives" as you call it wouldn't of happened because Manly was just about extinct if not for Delmege.

I think even uncle Zora admitted in an article that we were only days away from extinction.

Why did they opt for Delmege over the crazy johns deal? Because at the time Delmege had the cash and also sponsored the club. Delmege says he pumped 15mil into the club and I haven't heard anyone contradict that from the club.

See above Swoop.  The $15m gets bandied around, but it includes sponsorship (written off against the bill he has yet to pay the ATO) and the original purchase he has now recovered with this sale.  Clearly not $15m.  Maybe 1 or 2, and getting rid of Mayer has cost far more than that.

Matabele link said:
See above Swoop.  The $15m gets bandied around, but it includes sponsorship (written off against the bill he has yet to pay the ATO) and the original purchase he has now recovered with this sale.  Clearly not $15m.  Maybe 1 or 2, and getting rid of Mayer has cost far more than that.

Whether it was 15mil or 5mil or whatever.
Who bailed us out and saved the club from financial ruin in the first place? Was it not delmege?

As I've said before the club was about to fold, any argument after that is irrelevant because Manly would not exist.

If Delmege hadn't come in on his mangy steed there were other possibilities in the wings, mightt just have delayed the recovery 12 months as we might not have nabbed Kennedy or Kite in time.

Matabele link said:
If Delmege hadn't come in on his mangy steed there were other possibilities in the wings, mightt just have delayed the recovery 12 months as we might not have nabbed Kennedy or Kite in time.

The bruising on this horse occured post mortem.....
Also,Dr Cox has something to say to you
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY[/youtube]

Matabele link said:

Man up Mata, we had nothing in the wings at the time. We didn't have 12 months and according to, I think it was Zorba in an article, said we were days away from folding. Why can't you admit is was delmege that saved us.

I was disappointed by both parties and yes I agree Delmege should have relinquished his shares to Penn but obviously both have big ego's and things went pear-shaped.

I'm not happy that we lost Mayer either.

The whole issue here, you put **** on delmege who's found a dignified way of getting out and that you won't even acknowledge that he saved us.

I'm happy Quantum is taking delmege's share. Hopefully they'll work together well and the club can finally get back on track and move on.

Shane link said:
[quote author=BOZO link=topic=185968.msg306913#msg306913 date=1290342094]

I love them both,i just wish Penn didnt succumb to his ego and bash into Delmage recently,as per the topic name
[/quote]Good post. Don't forget the press are mischievous and selective in pulling out something out of context to 'maintain the rage in the feud". I would be very surprised if Penn just dished out on Max as suggested.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185968.msg306914#msg306914 date=1290343452]

[/quote]Good post. Don't forget the press are mischievous and selective in pulling out something out of context to 'maintain the rage in the feud". I would be very surprised if Penn just dished out on Max as suggested.
[/quote]

Good point however "no comment" cant be twisted

Shane link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=185968.msg307070#msg307070 date=1290468861]
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185968.msg306914#msg306914 date=1290343452]

[/quote]

Good point however "no comment" cant be twisted
[/quote]  You haven't dealt with the media much, have you?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6