News: Orford home for surgery

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>HOMESICK half Matt Orford has returned Down Under for season-ending shoulder surgery - and very possibly face-to-face meetings with clubs interested in throwing him an NRL lifeline.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4907-orford-home-for-surgery.html">Read the full article</a>

Matty "Show Me The Money" Orford. Welcome back to the warmth. I hope the next contract you sign gets honoured but I have my doubts.

So much disrespect for the general of our last premiership,congrats without him we'd have lost easily,just like with Mona's at halfback

Shane link said:
So much disrespect for the general of our last premiership,congrats without him we'd have lost easily,just like with Mona's at halfback
..mate it wasnt him  who got us there it was jamie lyon`s class mixed in with bretts brilliance.. add wolfman robbo & perry & kite to that also..

Wow,so many bashers,without his short kicking game (which TH has none of,nor does Foran,heavy footed) we would have been nowhere,we scored alot of tries for wins off kicks

Shane link said:
Dancing Zorba - is that you!

Nope,just someone who has no respect for people who trash talk
a halfback who helped us to so many semi finals in a row its just
not even funny,Not missing Ox at all? sorry but noone on the team
can kick a short ball,TH is about 20metres 2 far each time and Foran
is normally 2-3 metres over the dead ball

I just hope DCE can change the weight of his kicks and not punt grubbers

DSM5 link said:
Throw the lifeboat on his head.

Good on you dick swab.
The bloke assisted us in attaining a Grand Final 40-0
The bloke attained a Dally-M player of the year
The bloke captained our club
The bloke assisted us in winning a World Club Challenge
The bloke played finals football every year he was with us
The bloke assisted us in attaining near top "for" points every year whilst here

You keep putting him down, but he would have more footballing talent in his right nut, than you would EVER dream to have.

Why is he on massive dollars from the UK? Because they believe he deserves it?
Why did Melbourne buy him, and have so much success with him? Because they believed he deserves it.
Why then, did Manly pay him mountains to return to us hopes we'd win a Grand Final? Because they thought he deserved it.

BUT, as you are the all knowing judge of talent, he was SOOOO terrible. Wake up to yourself, and pull your head in.

Ox was part of the reason, we had so much success for so long whilst he was here. Now, you cream over Hodkinson...and which direction on the table are we heading?

Thanks.....talent scout. I know I'm bad....but your right up there too, champ.

Give the great player credit, when credit was due.

This was the same time you slammed Matai and Mayer as well...Jezuz dude...

Ryan you were creaming yourself over Hodkinson at the beginning of the year as well, as were a lot of others here.

Ox did his bit, but he wasn't the one man band, all conquering, couldn't win without him, ever reliable in the clutch player that some would like history to reflect. He was pretty woeful last year and his use by date was up. He's gone and not coming back, let's just move on. Everyone can remember him how they like, but he is just that now...a memory.

Chip & Chase link said:
Ryan you were creaming yourself over Hodkinson at the beginning of the year as well, as were a lot of others here.

Ox did his bit, but he wasn't the one man band, all conquering, couldn't win without him, ever reliable in the clutch player that some would like history to reflect. He was pretty woeful last year and his use by date was up. He's gone and not coming back, let's just move on. Everyone can remember him how they like, but he is just that now...a memory.

Excellently put. (well not the part about Ryan I don't know him that well lol) but the part about Ox is spot on.

Fact is yes he was a good player but he was part of an even better team. You can't expect the half back to carry the side - look how Newcastle have faired since Johns left. Yes we won with Ox but there were also game we won when he was out.

I can't speak for everyone else but the reason I'm dirty on him is because he chased the money and left his decision till the last minute before, essentially, walking out on the team & us fans. For this reason alone I don't think he should be given another chance in a Manly jersey.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7