News: Orford guides Manly to win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>Manly halfback Matt Orford has guided the NRL premiers to a 20-6 victory over Penrith at CUA Stadium on Saturday night.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3977-orford-guides-manly-to-win.html">Read the full article</a>

Yep probably our best. I'd like to see that form from him every week as a matter of course. It's amazing what a contract negotiation can do for a players game.

The final score should have been 30+ to 6 but I will take that win as a real good one. We just didn't give their forwards a sniff and we dominated that game. The finishes we came to expect from last year are still rusty but there were so many signs tonight I have a lot more confidence that we will be part of the finals again. Many top efforts tonight and a hard two points made to look pretty easy.

The other aspect that was so incredible to see was the number of supporters braving the conditions out there. I am sure I heard the 'Where we come from' chant and many others, so well done to every single one of you.

He played well. Watmough was also outstanding.

You can see why we are so dangerous in attack when these two plus Brett are on form!

We're still dropping the ball too much!!

Chip & Chase link said:
Yep probably our best. I'd like to see that form from him every week as a matter of course. It's amazing what a contract negotiation can do for a players game.

Yeah cause all of last year he was in the middle of contract negotiations as well.

It was a great win but the Pink Panthers gifted us the 2 points with the amount of ball they dropped. It was a gutsy defensive effort from the eagles but would like to see more line breaks and meters gained if we are to have a good crack at going back to back.

Ox seems to have his running game back, which makes his passing game all the more dangerous. 

Also very impressed with Luke Walsh for the Pink Panthers. Their kicking game was superb.

Yeah, ox had a much better game last night. Deserves the 3 dally M points. We need him playing like that every week to keep this juggernaut rolling.

I notice this is a DSM5 free thread. LoL.

TBH, I was filthy with that pass he threw into the crowd. Apart from that, a wonderful game as expected.

I just wish that his little legs could kick greater distances when it comes to line dropouts

Jethro link said:
I just wish that his little legs could kick greater distances when it comes to line dropouts
Tony Williams has big legs, maybe he can try a drop out.

David 'Candy Floss Face' Williams tackle must be the try saver of the season especially after he stumbled then recovered to get back.

TokyoEagle link said:
You're a hard man Jethro

No, not really. I just think that due to his previous groin injuries that he can no longer kick large distances when required.  Somebody else should take those kicks.  It's like his goal kicking, he's okay when he is close to the posts, but when it comes to the ones near the side lines he has a lot of difficulties and in my opinion, his missed kicks from the side lines in those first four games this year went a long way to us losing those games.

Yea, the Panthers pretty much self-destructed through much of that game.

And whilst our Manly boys took some good opportunities and formulated some good attacking plays, we haven't fired on all cylinders all year.

Still, showed a what a little cohesion and lube can do, and I think are in a good position to make a run at the finals.

Probably only 4 or 5 cylinders out of 8 firing at best so far.
If we can pick it up during rounds 20-22 or so to work on those 6th and 7th cylinders, get a few good performances & wins under our belts, then we can at least hold our heads high giving ourselves a good chance.

Sea Eagles!

I thought Ox must be having a lend of us when he did the third dropout grubber! Bloody good turnup by the fans. It was a classic when Wolfie came over at tge end and threw his back and did a few long howls in response to the howls of the fans. That boy is gold.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6