News: Orford deal to cost Manly new star

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY is closing in on the signature of Matt Orford but his retention is likely to come at the cost of one of the NRL's most promising players, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3956-orford-deal-to-cost-manly-new-star.html">Read the full article</a>

****en tell Orford to stop being so greedy, without quality forwards he will play crap,instead of giving him 300k+ offer him 200K and offer jarred the extra 100K

Looks like JWH is gone. So much for wanting to show us some loyalty for giving him a go.
Oh well we still have Hoppa jr and Foran.

Does anyone else wish we didn't sign Tony Williams on 200k per year?

missing_something link said:
This is a bad move.

I'll have to agree with that statement. Orford is nearing the end of his career & is nowhere near what he used to be. We have good juniors coming through the ranks who could quite easily fill his role at a cheaper rate and who can also kick the ball further than his little legs can. We should not be offering him huge dollars to stay at the expense of other promising junior players. I suppose now with JWH, it all comes down to his supposed loyalty to the club that gave him the chance whether to jump to the other club that offers the big dollars or to stay with what is on offer from Manly (the choice that Orford should have been offered).

Tony Williams will be OK.  The bigger question is just  who amongst the 'retention committee' see Orford as worth keeping I wonder?  What do they see that everyone else doesn't?   And you can't blame JWH.  If the idiots here want to retain Orford and so lose him, then he must see that as well as us.  Just how many games has Hasler given him to see how good he is at the top level?  Not many.  It's a wonder that Cuthbo has stuck around so long.    

Pepi link said:
Looks like JWH is gone. So much for wanting to show us some loyalty for giving him a go.

Loyalty is dead mate. JWH would be a walk-up start in the Roosters pack, they're offering him the world and Manly simply can't come to the party. It's as simple as that. I'm fairly sure he'd stay at Manly for less money, but there is more to it than that - the opportunity to play NRL is just as valuable as an extra 60k.

If he goes, it won't be because he is disloyal, or greedy, it will because of poor management on our part.

I'd love to know what they are offering Orford. If it's over $300K a year then we are getting gypped. Losing JWH isn't a good scenario, but realistically he is an unproven quantity in the NRL and a prop to boot. If Roosters want to pay overs for him, then let them. I'd rather see us concentrating our efforts on sorting out our halfback position long term. If the re-signing of the dwarf costs us some promising juniors over the next 2 or 3 years I will be pi$$ed off.

They will also now lose Hodkinson, Foran and Cherry-Evans as well because who wants to play behing orford for another two years.

Greedy little man.  F**k to england where you and your 10 metres kicks belong.

It is understood the Sea Eagles will use some of the money freed by the departure of winger Michael Bani to top up Orford's salary this season.

Dear god.

kingyfan link said:
They will also now lose Hodkinson, Foran and Cherry-Evans as well because who wants to play behing orford for another two years.

Greedy little man.  F**k to england where you and your 10 metres kicks belong.

Manly won't lose Foran. They will keep room in the cap for him.

KaZa link said:
It is understood the Sea Eagles will use some of the money freed by the departure of winger Michael Bani to top up Orford's salary this season.

Dear god.

Give it to JWH

I'm really hope there's a chance that JWH will stay at the Eagles ? but no matter which way you look at it this is bad news.

The fact is the club has Foran,Daly Cherry-Evans & Hodkinson on it's books so why offer Orford more big $$ if it means we could lose some of these guys as a result than sorry but Ox needs to go.

Why is this a suprise i told you weeks ago he had signed with the roosters.I blame fools like hasler crusher and mayer,how they went out and blew so much money on players like williams and bailey without securing a player like jared is a disgrace and is why we are going down as quickly as we rose.

Orford is 31 and has been paid good money to date on his four year contract surely he can take a pay cut players in other clubs take pay cuts to keep a player/s at their club.

Jarryd Hayne took a pay cut to help keep his fellow team mate Krisnan Inu at the Eels.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7