News: Orford close to walking out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jethro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181998.msg245551#msg245551 date=1258199399]

Hodkinson should go well for us next year

. . .  He is way past his prime and shouldn't have played during this years series whilst injured. . .

[/quote]
How far exactly past his prime? 2008 was his best year so far. As for not playing injured, we did not really have that luxury after our super start to eh comp this year. We needed all hands on deck, it was just the way the year panned out.

Having said that, I don't care either way now whether he goes, it has dragged on too long.

He is going to make up his mind on Monday or Tuesday. I dont think he will be at Manly next season, we have offered him $600,000 for 2 seasons where the poms are offering $1,500,000 for 3 seasons. It would be his last contract so might aswell go for the big $$$.

Wish he made up his mind a few months ago as Beaver had convinced Burgess to sign with Manly except we couldnt fit him in under the salary cap.

Daily Telegraph Link

DUFFMAN link said:
He is going to make up his mind on Monday or Tuesday. I don't think he will be at Manly next season, we have offered him $600,000 for 2 seasons where the poms are offering $1,500,000 for 3 seasons. It would be his last contract so might aswell go for the big $$$.

Wish he made up his mind a few months ago as Beaver had convinced Burgess to sign with Manly except we couldn't fit him in under the salary cap.

I think this is great news the only disapointing thing is he wasn't thrown out earlier then we would have had a chance to get into the player market. I guess we will have to go with what we have, I don't think it's a coincedence that hodgkinson no longer wants to leave either does DCE they have both been told that the angry dwarf is going. Who will be captain?

Ox also cost us Neumann - who although he had a few bad games - IO still rate very highly.

If those contract numbers are correct then I say Ox will be on the plane shortly, especially given the strong Manly contingent at Bulls

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=181998.msg245537#msg245537 date=1258161420]
Robertson - not signed!
Wolfman - not signed!

Ox is not the only player that has not resigned at this stage MB.

I just don't accept that the lack of a CEO is the reason players have not put pen to paper, there is smoke coming from Narrabeen, and where there is smoke the fire is usually not to hard to find!
  I've been out of the loop a bit lately.  Moving a family interstate is no picnic.  Do you have any ideas what the fire might be?

Really, if Orford gets a big money offer we should let him go, use the cash to shore up younger talent, accept we under achieve for a year or two, but keep guys like Foran in the fold.  I suspect that with all three of Orford, Wolfman and Robertson, Penn is not going to pay overs for fellows with delusions of grandeur and refuses to be held over a barrel. 
[/quote]  RE Orford, what I said.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6