News: Orford calls for fight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

blitzkrieg

Reserve Grader
The crisis meeting was held in full view of everyone, Matt Orford hauling his Manly players into a huddle before the sweat of another losing effort had even dried.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/orford-calls-for-fight.html">Read the full article</a>

Do as i say. not as i do is the worst type of leadership.

I really hope next week he is MOM by a mile after saying that

Fluffy link said:
Do as i say. not as i do is the worst type of leadership.

I really hope next week he is MOM by a mile after saying that

from what Willstyles was saying, Orford was trying yesterday, just because things were not coming off for him doesn't mean he wasn't giving it his 100%

Like the rest of the team Orford is struggling at the moment, but by bringing the defeated team together with some stirring words he's acted like a good leader.

After the event.  Hope he looks at this kicking game on the video.  Dan 100% crap is still 100% crap, whichever way you look at it.

Sure but my reply, to Fluffy and was not about the quality of the effort, more that he gave effort, and asked that others give effort also.

Perry should hang his head for his effort then commenting on anyone else though

I agree, Mr Ted was terrible, as was his effort in the same game last year.  Remember he lost that one for us.  The quality of the effort is all.  I could go out there and give 110% effort but my quality would be not so good.  I imagine Neumann would say his effort was 100%.  It's all about skill.  Orford is being payed a motza and for what.  A piss poor show of skill.  Never mind the 'effort'.  If the skill aint there, the effort is a waste of energy. 

DSM5 link said:
I agree, Mr Ted was terrible, as was his effort in the same game last year.  Remember he lost that one for us.  The quality of the effort is all.  I could go out there and give 110% effort but my quality would be not so good.  I imagine Neumann would say his effort was 100%.  It's all about skill.  Orford is being payed a motza and for what.  A piss poor show of skill.  Never mind the 'effort'.  If the skill aint there, the effort is a waste of energy. 

I still dont know how you can blame a half back when you yourself stated the forwards are doing nothing. If your pack is going no where, the half back is going to struggle to do anything, that is a football fact, has been for a good many years

Dan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180011.msg217865#msg217865 date=1238985648]

I still dont know how you can blame a half back when you yourself stated the forwards are doing nothing. If your pack is going no where, the half back is going to struggle to do anything, that is a football fact, has been for a good many years
[/quote]

This entire site evolved from blaming half backs and 5/8's that were behind ordinary packs week in week out

Dan the forwards will go forward if they are being hunted forward.  That's Orford's task. As well he is paid to get that ball in a position to attack.  This means a good and clever kicking game.  His is crap, full stop.  Out on the full! twice.  Disgraceful and disheartening if you're out there on the field.     Fluffy that's the second game in a row that Cuthbo has put in.  He is making Kite look soft and don't even get me started on Mr Ted.

Nuemann, Orford - we're looking for scapegoats. The whole team's not firing in general. Single players aren't the issue. Nothings working for Manly including the bounce of the ball and the blow of the refs whistle.
I'm not saying it's not up to the team to fix it, but the word is "team".

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180011.msg217867#msg217867 date=1238985744]
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180011.msg217865#msg217865 date=1238985648]

[/quote]

This entire site evolved from blaming half backs and 5/8's that were behind ordinary packs week in week out
[/quote]

Mullane and his contemporaries never ever showed form or quality. Orford has shown us he is capabable. I am happy for him to stay as long as we get a decent 5/8 in next to him, whether that means Lyon or whether it means we blood one of the Toyota cup or Queensland cup kids

It’s a bit hard crucifying Oford. The #7 is only as good as the forwarded pack going forwarded and having options running off you from both sides of the field.

If the options aren't there he's going to get hammered every time.

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see yesterday that if our forwards were running as hard as our littlest player then we would have been far closer on the scoreboard.

He can only do so much, I am sure he was revving them during the game to get their arses going, but what else can he do.

No doubting his execution was poor, but given what he had to work with yesterday, I couldn't expect much better than average from him. Forwards gave him no space at all to work with, and by the time he had the ball close to the line, the Knights players were already on top of him

Pleeeease Matty DO NOT KICK THE FOOTBALL EVER AGAIN. I don't mind Orford being on the field directing play but he is so predictable with his kicking game. Yeah it worked once but why does he persist with his grubbers into the ingoal.
Maybe if he showed some confidence in those outside him and went to them a bit more they would possible play with more confidence and actually get over the line.

Without snake in the team they don't even look like scoring, hopefully when he returns against the tigers his presence will lift the rest of the team and get a bit of confidence back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6