1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: NRL probes alleged salary cap breach involving Gold Coast Titans Skipper Scott Prince

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Mar 26, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>THE NRL is investigating an alleged salary cap breach involving Gold Coast Titans skipper Scott Prince.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4674-nrl-probes-alleged-salary-cap-breach-involving-gold-coast-titans-skipper-scott-prince.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Story lost credibility once you read the builder was involved in a dispute with the Titans over a previous contract. Sounds like a bit of mud slinging.

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    yeah it did but there could be some truth to it, maybe some of the contractors that havent been paid may front up
    maybe some mud will stick

4. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    The investigation into the alleged Scott Prince salary cap scandal has deepened, with the builder who made the accusations inviting the NRL to examine his computer and put him on a polygraph.

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I hope we don't get dragged into this by default.  It does sound suspiciously similar to something rumoured to have secured the services of Offord when Souths were chasing him.  If the Titans get caught red handed they may try to squeal about precedents. 

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    He sat the polygraph and was telling the truth according to that.

7. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    It was the same sort of thing that undid the Bulldogs too.

Never underestimate a pissed off employee/ex-employee/business associate

8. DailyTerrorgraphHater

DailyTerrorgraphHater Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Titans better start winning games... gonna be hard to make the eight with a -8 point start.
    will need min. 34 points by end of season now. (17 games)

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'd feel better if the NRL used an independent auditor rather than the in-house Shubert.  Seems weird to me that the NRL use a NRL paid auditor looking at NRL controlled entities.  Conflict of interest? 

10. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Particulary when he audits the News Ltd owned Storm

11. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Schubert was an ugly, plodding prop who played for Wests.  Little has changed.

12. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Did he also play a season or two with the Rorters?

13. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I doubt Ian Schubert ever played prop. He started out in the backs and ended up as 2nd row / lock. Played a season or two for the mighty Sea Eagles too.

14. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I doubt Ian Schubert ever played prop. He started out in the backs and ended up as 2nd row / lock. Played a season or two for the mighty Sea Eagles too.
    [/quote] Apologies, I had him confused with Ian Freeman.  He did however captain the Magpies to a wooden spoon in 1987.