1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: NRL poised to strip Melbourne Storm of points over salary cap breaches

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by fLIP, Apr 22, 2010.

1. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    <p>PREMIERS Melbourne Storm are braced to lose NRL premiership points as a result of salary cap violations.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4725-nrl-poised-to-strip-melbourne-storm-of-points-over-salary-cap-breaches-.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Cameron Smith should get a 3 year ban from the game for bad commentating, much worse to the image of the game than any off field indiscretion by players :p

3. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    lolz, poor storm  ;) love it.

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    So let me get this straight. The NRL, who are part owned by News Limited, will fine the Melbourne Storm, who are owned by News Limited, a figure up to $1 million. So basically some News Ltd accountant will do a general ledger entry to account for the shiffling of funds and it's  business as usual. What a joke. The real punishment should be premiership points and lots of them, they are serial offenders after all.  

5. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    until it becomes X number of points per Y dollars over the cap teams will be treated differently.

Will be interesting to see how much better they come out compared to other teams

6. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Well, that's made my day.

7. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    My take on it exactly.

8. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    the cheating dogs will find some skirt to hide under, I will be surprised if the penalty is anything  big

9. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    If they were to loose 8 points, it still doesn't justify betting on them getting the spoon, they would easily be in front of Sharks in 2 weeks.

10. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Cue all the Gould "Salary Cap is broken" newspapers articles. He sure was banging on about it last week.

11. kingyfan

kingyfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The real reason is that after last monday nights media conference the NRL conducted secret gender testing on Cameron Smith and discovered that he is really a girl who should be wearing a big girls blouse instead of playing league.

As NRL rules prohibit a girl from playing NRL the storm have been immediately docked of all competition points and premiership trophies and their players will be required to attend Alan Jones' spa for remedial homework.

12. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Apparently there will be a press conference at 6, all sorts of rumours flying around, the best being that they will lose 44 points !!

That would be awesome, imagine watching Bellamy with that haha

13. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    press conference @ 4pm now, a rumour msged to tunks on talking sports was -44pts & 1million fine

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Given the Dogs lost all points way back when, they surely couldn't do anything other than belt the storm.  Excellent news.  Pity I'm not a betting man and had the house on us a month ago. 

15. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    44 points would be horrible for them. What would be the point in them turning up and playing and their fans going.

Sure if they have cheated the cap they need to be punished but not to the greater detriment of the game.

44 points would mean that possibly they could be trying to claw those points back long into next season!

16. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Melbourne are gooooonskies, just announce on 9 news. Storm stripped of the 2007 and 2009 premiership and have lost all points accrued for 2010 and will not receive any other points for the remainder of the season.

17. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Kingyfan the dead give away was that he was caught out.

He sits to piss

18. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Pity we don't get credit for 2007 but at least they don't get to keep the prizemoney or have it in the record books.

I suppose if you play them and get beaten for the rest of the season niether team gets the points, which would be the fairest way.

19. Cliffy4PM

Cliffy4PM Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 4
    It they lost there Premierships do we get one?

20. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    All this and we still beat them 40-0, ha ha ha ha ha
    I can't wait to see Bellamy's face, I'm sure that arrogant sneer he always carries wil be GOOONNNNE. Eat balls Storm.