News: NRL imposes cap penalties on five clubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="articleBody" />
<p>The National Rugby League has today outlined Salary Cap penalties against five clubs for breaches found in the 2009 club audits.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4893-nrl-imposes-cap-penalties-on-five-clubs.html">Read the full article</a>

What nonsense this is.  The NRL's vaunted auditing team can't do its job because they've been concentrating on the Storm.  What a joke.  And just when are they getting around to looking at Souths bloated cap. 

DSM5 link said:
What nonsense this is.  The NRL's vaunted auditing team can't do its job because they've been concentrating on the Storm.  What a joke.  And just when are they getting around to looking at Souths bloated cap. 
To be honest from what I can see of the Bunnie's roster and recent performanaces, I seriously doubt they're above the cap. THe thing that surprised me the most is Canberra getting fined, they've hardly got any big name players in their squad. Parra is another surprise due to how they got fined by, more then any other club. and the Dragons....I bet ehy've breached the cap alot more then they were discovered but of course they are the Channel 9 poster boys so therefore they have a more leniant charge. And I still question the Doggies salary cap.

It doesn't surprise me that Saints breached their cap as they seem to do it every season.  Fancy going over the Cap and still they can't win the comp with the roster they have.  I also would have thought the Dogs would have learnt their lesson in 2002.

Andy 1972
Manly Forever.

I find it strange that the Dragons go over the salary cap yet the NRL give them an extention to sign Gasnier beyond 30 June deadline - go figure.

Mr Gallop you are weak as

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8