News: NRL Franchise for PNG proposed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE proposed PNG franchise in the NRL will draw players from the current schoolboys and youth competition around the country.

</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4309-nrl-franchise-for-png-proposed.html">Read the full article</a>

Gee, that would be some trip for the Supportahs!
Would make West Ham or Millwall as a Liverpool away seem like a school run...
Not sure if I'd be keen to be taking the kids though?

Has Mark had any experience in organising tanks/amoured vehicles for his tours?

Wouldn't want to win without protection to the airport, that's for sure.  Jokes aside, I think it's a good idea to pursue a team from PNG.  I read somewhere that the PNG 'government' was going to build a stadium for a proposed NRL team.  South Africa next and then the world.   

I like the sentiment behind the PNG team, but realisitically can't see a side from there ever really being the threat, unless they had massive salary cap concessions

They would need some top line players, and I can't see any of those heading over if they have an offer of $400,000 to stay in Sydney/Qld as opposed $550,000 from PNG. They would nearly need to be offering double

so prop them up, ref their way, change the rules to suit just like they did to the mexicans in order to "promote" the game

Fluffy link said:
so prop them up, ref their way, change the rules to suit just like they did to the mexicans in order to \"promote\" the game
The vital difference of course is that in PNG the people actually love the game. 

The population is too spread out & not financially viable enough to sustain a crowd of even 13,000 @ AU$25.00 every second week.

That is before you even talk about attracting players or away fans.

They're fantastic supporters of the game but it's just unrealistic.

Each of my tours will include,

SWAT Team for arrival and departure transfers
Bullet proof bus for all transfers
Uzi Machine Guns for each team member as  extra "personal protection"
Fully set up field hospital, 2 doctors, 3 nurses (all good looking which will be one consolation)
Flak Jacket
Full "SAS Type" kit to wear to and from the game and at the game

Costs expected to be between $8500-$10500 for 2 days

Any takers??

You feel comfortable putting a loaded weapon in the hands of some of the posters on this site Mark :)

Good point Fro...the guns won't actually be loaded, just there to scare the locals.

I did post this for  a laugh...but fair dinkum this has NO chance of getting legs.

They are passionate up there that's for sure but the Pay TV number won't add up so "aint going to happen"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4