News: NRL clubs in cash crisis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>CONCERNED NRL chief executives fear some Sydney-based clubs could collapse amid revelations that almost $10 million has been hacked from their budgets.</p>
<p />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4554-nrl-clubs-in-cash-crisis.html">Read the full article</a>

It didn't take the Tele long to start putting the boot into RL again, no matter how important it is to their sales.

Interesting that they left Manly out of the article, a club that has had smaller allocations from the Leagues Club over the last 4 years but this year is in a position to receive a dramatically larger grant.

I think it's a push to water down the Sydney teams and I for one agree. We have too many team in Sydney. Souths should have never came back much like the North Sydney have but in saying that Central Coast should have a team along with another team in Qld. Down the track we should look at other states again. NRL say they are not concerned of AFL but they are moving into the Gold Coast and Western Sydney and is now a true National Competition while the NRL is played in the Eastern States plus NZ.

I think that Natuaral selection should be the way and I hope we dont die (and I dont think we will)
Of all the Sydney team both the Dragon & Tiger should be safe because they both merged to exist. They both cover South & South West that leaves Bulldogs Panthers Eels to cover Western Sydney but all team are strong(ish)
Sea Eagles to cover North Sydney
Rabbitohs/Roosters to cover East Sydney
Sharks a some how placed in the middle of the Dragon - have never won a premiership (never will) - wouldnt be around now if not for News Ltd.

The prefect number of Sydney teams would be 5 or 6 and not 9.

Rambo, next thing you're gonna tell us is that you have a super vision that will see the game being played in China with state of origin intensity contests every weekend.

The tribal mentality remains as RL's greatest attribute. Regional merged teams won't always work.

Bradza link said:
Rambo, next thing you're gonna tell us is that you have a super vision that will see the game being played in China with state of origin intensity contests every weekend.

The tribal mentality remains as RL's greatest attribute. Regional merged teams won't always work.

Maybe not China but how about Japan

The 'cash crisis' is the fault of Gallop.  He's the one who last did the deal with the electronic media.  He sold the rights down the drain for small change.  He has to go.  Once the TV rights are sold for what they are worth, the 'cash crisis' will be no longer.  Actually the Telegraph's sports page is becoming like the front page in the Telegraph.  All doom and gloom with a new 'crisis' every day. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2