News: NRL angered by Manly 'arrogance'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
The board of the NRL punished Manly severely yesterday because of what it regarded as the club's arrogant attitude in ignoring league chief executive David Gallop's call for it to stand down star player Brett Stewart.<p>The NRL, in backing Gallop by suspending Stewart for the first four rounds of the competition and fining the club $100,000, was careful in considering only the incidents that preceded - and did not include - the most serious allegation, which has subsequently seen the star fullback charged with one count of sexual assault.</p><p>Those included a failure by Manly to take sufficient measures to prevent the consumption of alcohol from getting out of hand for some players at its season launch last Friday and the fact Stewart was eventually refused the service of alcohol at the premises and asked to leave.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/nrl-angered-by-manly-arrogance.html">Read the full article</a>

Gallop has no credability with anyone so why would they take any notice of him.

He didn't demand that Lanfranchi, the three broncos players or Cockett stand down so why brett? 

Double standards.  Resign now gallop.

exactly right. He is a smug prick and any ounce of respect I had for the guy, which wasn't much before this, due to HIS arrogant view against fans on the "Day time grand final" saga has been completely wiped. I now can not stand the guy and look forward with relish to the moment he is removed as CEO from our game so that it can porgress and go forward

We have always been arrogant so why are they worried about it now.

I concur with Tookey Gallop is an Arse Clown who should be shown the door

The Wheel link said:
We have always been arrogant so why are they worried about it now.

I concur with Tookey Gallop is an Arse Clown who should be shown the door
wheel my good friend
just an observation but i think ure word of the week is Arse Clown
so fitting for the ceo of our game

NRL angered by Manly 'arrogance'. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

So now if you make your own decisions when David Gallop tries to push his flimsy weight around, then he calls you arrogant.

Out of his depth.  Irrelevant.

If only the NRL was like the EPL and each club owned an equal share of the competition. And each CEO of the Club makes up a board position and they vote for the Competition CEO.

Careful here guys, we have been talking all week about defamation, you may well be leading yourselves in the same direction!!

Regardless of how you may personally feel.

At the time I posted this there were over 120 "guests" viewing this forum, I wonder how many journo's and also wonder if the NRL don't have this on as well, after all with the MWSE site effectivly closed down this is the main source of supporter anger!!

I know how you all feel BUT be careful

guests can not view the forums Mark. They will be viewing the front page. some of which shows. I will be fixing that today to make sure you have to login.

Nothing in this post however is defamatory

If David Gallop cannot understand how he makes himself look weak and foolish when he massively overreacts, in a knee-jerk manner, then that is his issue.

Pushing your weight around, and overreacting, are signs of weakness, not strength.

If he had set a clear standard, and didn't go from zero punishments to 4 weeks and $0 to $100,000, then he would look more in control.  His reaction of anger in the media similarly indicates weakness, not strength.  A strong leader stays in control of his emotions.

The NRL supports Andrew Johns selection in the team of the century after his admissions of drug use throughout his career? Performance enhancing?  Never penalised?  Then this extreme action supposedly because Stewart was refused service of alcohol and asked to leave a premises?  How erratic and weak does this make the NRL leadership look? No amount of pulling out SuperLeague cronies in the Murdoch media to support Murdoch's boy Gallop will make him look strong in these circumstances.

Hey Dan. What's the go with that banner at the bottom of the page saying how many guests and users are online? Those figures tend to contradict other figures elsewhere on this site i.e http://www.silvertails.net/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,113/lang,en/#1 At the moment of typing this comment, the "Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Forum - Info Center" has 5 Guests & 23 Users online whilst at the bottom of the page it says "We have 89 guests and 13 members online". Also in the "Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Forum - Info Center", it says "Most Online Today: 37. Most Online Ever: 68 (Yesterday at 12:13:12 PM)". Which figures are correct?

The ones on the forum shows the amount of users logged into the forum.

The one at the bottom of the page shows the amount of users across the entire site.

People should be logging into just the site, which logs you into both, but arent. So as of this message there are 10 users logged into the site and 72 guest, this would indicate the amount of people browsing all parts of the site including news

I'd love my comments on Gallop to lead to court.  I'd win.  He's a weak, large eared wombat, with no vision for the game and a hypocrite.  He is a small town lawyer who couldn't make it in the big world so had to be lifted into his current position from where he has overseen a decline in the prestige of the game.  I just hate the guy.  Sue me, you prick.

Gallop must resign

He has showed an uneven stance between Manly and the super league clubs where he has a conflict of interest.

Resign now Gallop

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4