News: Not picking Matai like not picking King Wally

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All the punters who are describing Lewis as not 'top shelf' are either deluding themselves, or under twenty one. He was the dominating player of his era. He won Qld so many SOO games it's not funny. He was a fantastic player full stop. Who can ever forget his dominance of Geyer.

Sheikheagle said:
Can someone please tell me how SKD was picked b 4 matai, he is having a shocker!

Its quite funny how Matai was not picked. Foran is having a great game in a losing team.

SKD is one of the most overrated players in the game today. He will live off the reputation of last season for the rest of his career but I think he's a deadset lottery with every time he touches the ball.

Disagree, I think he is just one of those players that needs a bit of space. If his teamates give him any opportunities, he is great in space. His club team has been poor this year, if they lift he probably will too. (haven't watched the test yet)

I will make a call, if Matai was playing on the left and Mannering in the backrow the Kiwis would have won, I don't know why the warriors or Kiwis keep putting him in the centres.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Disagree, I think he is just one of those players that needs a bit of space. If his teamates give him any opportunities, he is great in space. His club team has been poor this year, if they lift he probably will too. (haven't watched the test yet)

He had a purple patch of form last year. I'll give him that, but he's had plenty of opportunities this year and he's reverted to his form prior to 2010 and he's a mistake waiting to happen.

I recall our player Russell Gartner, he had one season early in his career when he was basically untouchable, got picked for Australia and played well. But he never really was able to recapture that form, from memory. Not sure why.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I recall our player Russell Gartner, he had one season early in his career when he was basically untouchable, got picked for Australia and played well. But he never really was able to recapture that form, from memory. Not sure why.

Alot of players do. Jarryd Hayne, he'll do something occasionally brilliant but he'll never recapture that same run of form again from 09. Brett Mullins lived his entire career off a 10 week spell of brilliant footy.

We could take lots of guesses why it happens, but there are plenty of people who get paid a lot of money to figure it out and they don't seem to have found an answer either.

Masked Eagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Alot of players do. Jarryd Hayne, he'll do something occasionally brilliant but he'll never recapture that same run of form again from 09. Brett Mullins lived his entire career off a 10 week spell of brilliant footy.

We could take lots of guesses why it happens, but there are plenty of people who get paid a lot of money to figure it out and they don't seem to have found an answer either.

because they are pretenders the real ones are kenny lewis sterling johns fittler lockyer clyde daley stuart o`connor bobby linder a few more i missed .. the ones who impress in normal rounds but immediately go up a peg when it counts..every time all time not 5weeks or 10weeks but 26 rounds ..

they use to give it their all continuously not in patches..

its a media hype!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8