1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Not one extra covered seat in $10m council plan

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    <p>The Manly Sea Eagles are seething after it was revealed the $10 million revamp of Brookvale Oval will not include a single extra covered seat.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4888-not-one-extra-covered-seat-in-10m-council-plan.html">Read the full article</a>

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    I have two questions;

Who actually briefed Lowe and did Lowe go talk to the council re the upgrade?

What are they actually spending the money on?

3. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    IT's really frustrating when viewed against the millions being splashed around in the south and west (and I notice the Knights are getting a new grandstand to replace a perfectly adequate one).  Not to mention the massive amounts wasted on the Blacktown stadium that is just a park venue.  Can it really be argued that there is no need for a modern stadium between Moor Park and Gosford?

4. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    MWSE has taken deposits from existing members for the planned expansion of the Jane Try stand. These would be worthless if those seats aren't under cover. I am at a loss to understand how they could blow $6M and not go through with the agreed plans that have involved Sibraa and even had the support of Kirsch. As Wheel says - what are they spending the money on?

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    Communication goes a long way, doesn't it.

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Is the problem with Lowe or the council? There seems to be an anti-Lowe agenda (though he could be a lemon?. It is just very early to make the call in my view) What I need is the facts in order to discern this rather than the 'same old, same old' splurted out by people with a negative agenda. I was a big fan of Mayer, thought it crazy to sack him, but the proof will be in the pudding.

What Brookie needs is more corporate facilities and a stand behind the hill, similar to the one in Newcastle, leaving some grass in front. I liked the plans that were proposed two years ago, long before Lowe was in the place.

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    Well, as can be clearly read, those plans have been put aside (for whatever reason).