News: No way Willie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>PUBLIC opinion is strongly against the Sea Eagles pursuing controversial Roosters forward Willie Mason, with one fan believing the money should be used to build new toilets at Brookvale Oval.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4508-no-way-willie.html">Read the full article</a>

As usual the 'Corso experts' know it all - too bad that the toilets at Brookie are the responsibility of the owner, which is Warringah Council. All the same I can see how Willie draws a strong response from everyone.

Nearly all the expertise on the character of Willie Mason is dependent on what gets written by the media, the very same media who don't let the truth get in the way of a good story as we found out last year with the Stewart case

Not saying he is an angel or anything, the fact is I don't know him at all other than what the media put in front of me. This is the same group who built him up to be a hero with an afro, then wasted no time in pulling him apart when that reached it's peak

**** i wish we could turf you moron

As for mason i say sign him up
He's paid the price for a few silly mistakes early in his career

It sounds more and more like it might be an almost done deal. Quotes from Arko and a few ex club legends softening up the fans for the announcement ??

A conspiracy theorist might even wonder whether a backroom deal has been done for Foran's signature at the Roosters in exchange for Mason on the cheap.

Chip & Chase link said:
A conspiracy theorist might even wonder whether a backroom deal has been done for Foran's signature at the Roosters in exchange for Mason on the cheap.

Lets hope not. Mason for Foran at any price would be reprehensible. Although the alternative... We take Willy off the rooters hands if they leave Foran alone.

Willie don't need new toilets - there are plenty of walls around the northern beaches.

He will only be signed for one year with a further option and won't effect us re-signing Foran as he will probably move on to more lucrative pastures in 2011.  If he stays Perry will be the one to go. 

WTF? The Manly Daily has stripped the bits out of the different arena's that suit their crap story. I see PLENTY of positivity around his signing. Plenty.

Ryan link said:
WTF? The Manly Daily has stripped the bits out of the different arena's that suit their crap story. I see PLENTY of positivity around his signing. Plenty.
And plenty of negativity around Lowe's appointment. It's all so confusing, these different points of view.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Nearly all the expertise on the character of Willie Mason is dependent on what gets written by the media, the very same media who don't let the truth get in the way of a good story as we found out last year with the Stewart case

Not saying he is an angel or anything, the fact is I don't know him at all other than what the media put in front of me. This is the same group who built him up to be a hero with an afro, then wasted no time in pulling him apart when that reached it's peak

True Kiwi. I openly admit I dislike the media but in this case where there is smoke there is an out of control bush fire. This bloke is more colourful than a peacock on heat.

Ask anyone who has seen him strutting around a well known eastern suburbs watering hole.

The money can be better utilised in retaining some off contract up and coming junior.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6