News: No more players for Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We had plenty of Saturday night and Monday night matches which are crowd-killers.
If we are lucky to get more Sunday afternoon matches our crowds will increase.

Thank you Barry! Sunday arvo games are all I can attend! Courtesy of work... Also would be nice if they could set out the entire draw before the start of the season... That way I would know before the season how many games I can get to and choose an appropriate membership... I know they can't because the greedy CH9 exec's wanna pick their games as late as possible to try and get their ratings but where do the fans considerations come into decision making? We had about 8 or 9 Monday night games... that's out of 24 games we played... Warriors I believe had 0.. and I think you will find a few of the other teams like Roosters and Broncos wouldn't have had many either...

Jaime Bennett link said:
Thank you Barry! Sunday arvo games are all I can attend! Courtesy of work... Also would be nice if they could set out the entire draw before the start of the season... That way I would know before the season how many games I can get to and choose an appropriate membership... I know they can't because the greedy CH9 exec's wanna pick their games as late as possible to try and get their ratings but where do the fans considerations come into decision making? We had about 8 or 9 Monday night games... that's out of 24 games we played... Warriors I believe had 0.. and I think you will find a few of the other teams like Roosters and Broncos wouldn't have had many either...
All spot on. Our only hope is when an independent commission negotiates a new television deal, and that all clubs get an even spread.
Apart from the inconvenience of night matches, there is the cold Vs beautiful afternoon sunshine on the hill, plus the standard of football is better during daylight.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=185507.msg298404#msg298404 date=1285627677]
Dont spoil it with facts fluffy

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html

For you maths professionals:-
2008 Avergae of 14,118
2009 Average of 13,593
2010 Average of 13,360

Those numbers are slipping....and don't talk s**t Geoff.
[/quote]

Ryan, not sure which team you are looking at but for manly

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/manly.html

For home games

2008 Avergae of 13,694
2009 Average of 13,782
2010 Average of 13,816

I agree with sunday arvo footy but I also think until the standard of brookie oval is improved then crowds will continue to fall. In 2010 we have to face facts the ground is a dinosaur and it is holding the club back. I'm not holding my breath though I don't think we will see it improved in any of our lifetimes.

Cheers

Ryan's stats were for Brookvale... Fluffy's were for all Manly home games... i.e. including Gosford... This further proves that the standard of the ground and facilities needs to improve... Who bloody voted for Gillard?!?! We need funding DESPARATELY for our beloved Brookvale... And work needs to be done with carefull consideration... We need to keep our hill... we need more seating in the stands... under cover... and we NEED better catering facilities! I saw a plan that had a second level on the Jane Try... Also one with a Stand that was on the back half of the hill... Why can't this happen?! If you had a stand at the back of the hill, then have the walkway in fornt of it with the hill then unbroken down to the fence it would create the atmosphere much better too... cheering reverborating around from stand to stand... I'm sure there are many otehr ideas but eaither way we NEEEED funding NOW!

tookey link said:
The only people that you can blame for low crowds and low membership numbers are the apathetic supporters who don't buy memberships or go to the games in order to support the club.   

The thousands of Manly supporters who went to the grand final need to have a look and themselves if they don't attend normal games and are not members.

They want Manly to win more premierships but don't realise that unless they support the club we won't be there again any time soon.

The club shouldn't need to promote memberships as it should be every fans duty to be one.
if they buy a jersey each yr or other manly paraphenalia, & they arent memebers or go to games they are still  supporting the club..

jjai link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185507.msg298432#msg298432 date=1285633345]
The only people that you can blame for low crowds and low membership numbers are the apathetic supporters who don't buy memberships or go to the games in order to support the club.   

The thousands of Manly supporters who went to the grand final need to have a look and themselves if they don't attend normal games and are not members.

They want Manly to win more premierships but don't realise that unless they support the club we won't be there again any time soon.

The club shouldn't need to promote memberships as it should be every fans duty to be one.
if they buy a jersey each yr or other manly paraphenalia, & they arent memebers or go to games they are still  supporting the club..
[/quote]

True but the club also needs every supporter to be a member as well as buy Manly paraphenalia in order to just survive.  And they need to buy from the club to maximise the return.

I think that we have a budget of around $12m in costs to cover each year.  It takes a lot of membership packages and profit from jersey's etc to cover that amount.  especially now that we don't have a major sponsor.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I have a feeling that many of us (being Manly supporters in plural) are just \"fairweather fans\"...you only have to ask the question \"where are the other 50,000 people that were at Olympic Park on GF day in 2008\"

It's simple, we had a **** year, people love winners...when they don't they drop off.

Mark, there are 2 different types of fans, the mad passionate die hard and the more casual supporter that loves the club, but aren't passionate enough to attend no matter what.

I have no doubt that everyone on this forum is a passionate supporter or they wouldn't be on here. The truth is that Rugby League for the most part is about entertainment and for those more casual supporters, poor performances just isn't entertaining. On balance, winning is entertaining, unless it is St Choke, in which case it is just plain boring winning or losing, but I can't blame those fans for staying away when the team isn't performing.

I go to all of the home games because I love the Brookie atmosphere regardless of the result, but even I must admit that the venue is now driving more away than it is attracting.

Whilst it's shouldn't be a 'duty' to be a member, every Manly fan SHOULD be a member of sorts...it starts at just $55.00.

Collingwood has 60,000 members (yes SIXTY Thousand).

"It's not what your club can do for you it's what you can do for your club" (with thanks to the original JFK for the words).

I am NOT on the payroll, NOT part of the board just an average supporter like you...but it amuses me to hear / read people knocking the club, knocking the players etc etc and then you ask them "are you a member"??....Often the answer is no.

And it's been stated here already it costs "12 million to run the club annually"......how do they get to that without members (and of course a major sponsor)

I love my club but like thousands of other supporters I live far away fron Manly and can't make it to many games but I always try and get to a few at brookie every season, I was at the Gf and a alot of other fans were there from interstate so not everyone can get to our games every week, although I would love to.

Whilst it's shouldn't be a 'duty' to be a member, every Manly fan SHOULD be a member of sorts...it starts at just $55.00.

\"It's not what your club can do for you it's what you can do for your club\" (with thanks to the original JFK for the words).

I am NOT on the payroll, NOT part of the board just an average supporter like you...but it amuses me to hear / read people knocking the club, knocking the players etc etc and then you ask them \"are you a member\"??....Often the answer is no.

And it's been stated here already it costs \"12 million to run the club annually\"......how do they get to that without members (and of course a major sponsor)

I agree 100%. I have a gold pass and if for some reason I can't get to a game I make sure someone else takes my tickets and goes.

I am a member, my wife is, my son, my daughter in law, my daughter, my brothers and I hassle all known Manly fans to do the same. I heard there is a Dog membership, I think I will join big Ralphie up as a member as well.

The best way to increase membership is to cajole friends and family. My brothers are lifelong Manly fans and they weren't members, so I bought them membership for Christmas. The club has a marketing responsibility, but if we die hard fans want our club to survive and prosper, then we have to help the club out by becoming membership salesman.

Mark, I know you do that all the time, perhaps there could be a thread or a competition by MWSE with a prize for the member that recruits the most new members for season 2011.

\"It's not what your club can do for you it's what you can do for your club\" (with thanks to the original JFK for the words).

I am NOT on the payroll, NOT part of the board just an average supporter like you...but it amuses me to hear / read people knocking the club, knocking the players etc etc and then you ask them \"are you a member\"??....Often the answer is no.

And it's been stated here already it costs \"12 million to run the club annually\"......how do they get to that without members (and of course a major sponsor)

I agree 100%. I have a gold pass and if for some reason I can't get to a game I make sure someone else takes my tickets and goes.

I am a member, my wife is, my son, my daughter in law, my daughter, my brothers and I hassle all known Manly fans to do the same. I heard there is a Dog membership, I think I will join big Ralphie up as a member as well.

The best way to increase membership is to cajole friends and family. My brothers are lifelong Manly fans and they weren't members, so I bought them membership for Christmas. The club has a marketing responsibility, but if we die hard fans want our club to survive and prosper, then we have to help the club out by becoming membership salesman.

Mark, I know you do that all the time, perhaps there could be a thread or a competition by MWSE with a prize for the member that recruits the most new members for season 2011.

Funny you should say that Ralphie....I am talking to the club at the minute about becoming  a little more involved and perhaps some sort of "travel prize" might be something we can agree on...maybe an away trip with the MWTS in 2011?

So what you are saying is that every manly fan should become members to show support... and the club shouldnt have to make any effort or provide any incentives, but for you to suggest other people become members you should be rewarded? Shouldnt you simply be recruiting members to show your support?

Jaime Bennett link said:
So what you are saying is that every manly fan should become members to show support... and the club shouldnt have to make any effort or provide any incentives, but for you to suggest other people become members you should be rewarded? Shouldnt you simply be recruiting members to show your support?

Not at all Jamie....I was simply thinking of some sort of prize that can be "drawn from a hat" (or something like that) for people who sign up to be members....in return for the club doing more advertising for my business than just mentions on the website. At the last home game they gave away some signed jersey's (whch was great), maybe one of those people get's to join a MWTS trip in 2012 from being a member....along that line.

I apologise Mark, I read from Ralphie's post regarding the "prize for the member that recruits the most new members for 2011" and your post was in reply to that.. I think the club does need to do more for ALL members to attract further members... I do believe it is good to provide incentives for current members to be encouraging new members to join but I also believe it is the club's prime resposibility to provide fans with a reason to join...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6