News: No Eagles for Sunshine Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles confirmed on Monday they will be without Manly contracted players in 2011.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5271-no-eagles-for-sunshine-coast.html">Read the full article</a>

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Bit sad really, I know the people of the Sunny Coast will be gutted.

I agree that it's sad for the Sunny Coast, but I believe that we have played out of form players because they have a wife & kids and couldn't easily be sent to Qld to play. At least having a local NSW team it will be far more accessible and there will be no excuses for not dropping out of form players.

The QLD cup is a much stronger comp than the nsw cup. Looks like the club will have fork out some cash to field a team.

They scapped it in the first place in favour of the under 20's and now they've seen their mistake and want it back. Unless the some unfer 20's players are allowed to play in the nsw cup then we'll be fielding a very ordinary team.

The whole reason we linked with the Sunshine Coast was that Manly couldn't afford a nsw cup team, wasn't it?

Thats sad news, it really is.

I hope the Susnhine Coast Sea Eagles still manage to stay afloat however for the people of the region

Anti-competitive.  We should be able to play a team in any comp we chose really.  What seems to be the problem with the NRL.  They seem to want to antagonize everyone. 

Same Jatz - It gave us a chance to follow a team up here. I hope the club stays connected as Sunny Coast have some potential first graders in their squad.

Makes me wish I pinched that SCSE sign when I was up there earlier this year.  Bugger.

At the end of the day reserve grade is all about getting players ready for first grade, I'd swap a reggies premiership win for 2 points in first grade.  So if the team is successful or not really doesn't worry me too much.

I dont like reading "Manly" and "Joint venture" in the same article
it leaves a sour taste in my mouth

I wont follow NSW cup and will still go for SCSE if they keep
the name,otherwise i dont give a white **** about reggies

Personally, the Sunshine Coast almost seemed like a sister city to Manly Warringah, both north of a major cities, beautiful coast lines (silvertailish) in it's feel.
I'd always clung to this strange idea of us having a regular foothold in the area...I thought our little joint venture could have been beneficial to both clubs.
I must admit to being somewhat pissed off with the NSWRL for being so pigheaded regarding this situation but for some reason sadly not to surprised.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291024421[/time]

Shane link said:
I dont like reading \"Manly\" and \"Joint venture\" in the same article

the name,otherwise i dont give a white **** about reggies
oop's sorry about the "Joint Venture" remark. Shane

manlyborn link said:
Personally, the Sunshine Coast almost seemed like a sister city to Manly Warringah, both north of a major cities, beautiful coast lines (silvertailish) in it's feel.
I'd always clung to this strange idea of us having a regular foothold in the area...I thought our little joint venture could have been beneficial to both clubs.
I must admit to being somewhat pissed off with the NSWRL for being so pigheaded regarding this situation but for some reason sadly not to surprised.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1291024421[/time]

[quote author=Shane link=topic=186046.msg307897#msg307897 date=1291023523]
I dont like reading \"Manly\" and \"Joint venture\" in the same article

the name,otherwise i dont give a white s**t about reggies

oop's sorry about the "Joint Venture" remark. Shane
[/quote]

Im hearing raiders and some other NRL clubs
Not just tradies/sharks etc which isnt a joint venture,Tradies arent a registered NRL team

Matabele link said:
Aren't the NSWRL clowns being shipped out to form the Independent Commission?  Ridiculous ....

Agreed.  As I have stated before no point having a new commission with the same old management and operational structure in place.

To quote Will Shakespear - ' ... a rose by any other name...'  or to put it to NRL terms an archaic system by any other name is still archaic.

There is no way we could field a full team in NSW cup anyway, where are these fringe players coming from? Belrose, Asquith?? It's a stupid decision by the people running the game. Is it Mounties Parra that we are supposed to be merging with? If so, what if Parra have injuries and decide to pick a form player in the merged NSW cup team like Vic Mauro or Darcy Lussick. Could this potentially happen?

The contracted manly players would be picked up by manly if there were injuries, just because its a joint venture say with parra it doesnt mean they can run freely picking our contracted players in their squad. If we go with a joint venture neither club will be benefited with an allignment of a NSW Cup team, due to the fact that 2 NRL teams will be using it, its a strange strange world, well done NSW RL you pack of absolute clowns !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6