News: New South Wales set to dump Brett Kimmorley, Matt Cooper, Brett White

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
<div id="storybody" />
<p />New South Wales selectors are preparing for a showdown with coach Craig Bellamy by sacking three players from the team he hand-picked for the opening State of Origin game.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4814-new-south-wales-set-to-dump-brett-kimmorley-matt-cooper-brett-white.html">Read the full article</a>

Seriously, Gidley at Half back?

Surely the aim is to win the game isn't it?

Kurt Gidley is the best player ever to put on a pair of boots.... Or So i am constantly told.....

Dan link said:
Seriously, Gidley at Half back?

Surely the aim is to win the game isn't it?

NSW consistantly pick players out of position and continuously get beaten and SOO2 won't be any different. When was the last time Gidley played halfback?

I think the only reason he's still in the team is because the "selectors"  want to save face by not sacking the captain. When they do sack him it will be too late.

How anyone can see Gidley as good for the team i don't know. I just can't understand it. I really don't know what it is that the selectors see in him.

Even Newcastle fans are scratching their heads. Didnt they win more games without him this year too?

Living amongst queenslanders, I can tell you they all think the same of us and it's a bit of a running joke amongst my friends

Dan link said:
How anyone can see Gidley as good for the team i don't know. I just can't understand it. I really don't know what it is that the selectors see in him.

Even Newcastle fans are scratching their heads. Didnt they win more games without him this year too?

Living amongst queenslanders, I can tell you they all think the same of us and it's a bit of a running joke amongst my friends

He has won Qld's player of the series for 4 straight years, I don't even think the king, Wally Lewis has done that. Crap that's right he plays for the blues

If Choc is on the bench he won't be dropping balls and giving away penalties.  If Bellamy keeps him there for 80 minutes the error and penalty count will look a lot better.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183420.msg263919#msg263919 date=1275025862]
How the F**k can Watmough be benched !!! Has been NSWs best forward 3 games in a row now

I didnt think Choc did much on Wed. I'd play him from the bench.
[/quote]

Most tackles by a NSW forward, most hit ups, most metres. He did more than any other forward out there for NSW

This is mostly just Telegraph rumour mongering anyway. I would be very surprised if Gidley were named in half back

Dan link said:
This is mostly just Telegraph rumour mongering anyway. I would be very surprised if Gidley were named in half back

Nothing will surprise me with Bellamy as coach.

Same crap, different Origin game. The first to be sacked is the coach and selectors.

Kimmorley played his guts out. He should stay but needs someone like Bird or Carney alongside him.

Are they going to stick with Teddy as well?

This is turning into the longest running joke we Blues supporters have had to put up with. Put the best players in their best positions. Put some players with speed like Jennings into the mix. Stop screwing up a simple formula for a simple game you morons.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183420.msg263919#msg263919 date=1275025862]
How the F**k can Watmough be benched !!! Has been NSWs best forward 3 games in a row now

I didnt think Choc did much on Wed. I'd play him from the bench.
[/quote]

I didn't realise you were paying close enough attention to notice ;)

spill gronk.....was he

a) too pissed
b) entwined with his mrs
c) eyeing off some buxom bar staff or patron
d) entwined with said bar staff or patron?

Dan link said:

Daley suggested that this was an option, in his Q&A on foxsports. Also said that Gidley was given the match ball as he was best on park for NSW or some ****.

hang on...what...best on park for NSW. Must have been watching a different game

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183420.msg263940#msg263940 date=1275029199]

Daley suggested that this was an option, in his Q&A on foxsports. Also said that Gidley was given the match ball as he was best on park for NSW or some S**t.
[/quote]
Best on the park for QLD.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7