News: Melbourne Storm skipper slams two refs system

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith has blasted the two referee system that will operate in the NRL this season, declaring it would do more harm than good.

Smith has played two pre-season matches with two whistle-blowers and said it hadn't achieved the NRL's aim of making the game faster.
Instead he said there were more penalties, the game was becoming stop-start and fans would not be happy with the product the new system was producing.</p><p>
"I don't like to be negative when people try and implement things in our game maybe to try and make it better, but so far in the two games I have played, I haven't seen a single positive come out of having two refs on the field," Smith said.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/cameron-smith-has-a-whinge.html">Read the full article</a>

maybe if the stormsookers didn't use illegal tactics in the tackle they wouldn't have anything to worry about. Oh wait, thats right, ripping at someones neck should be legal. I forgot my Cameron Smith the Wanker 101 course at university of suck S**t storm 40-0.

he is just worried that they won't be able to dominate the ruck any more and it will show up Bellamy as a poor coach

I just went off into my fanstasy land of seeing scores of melbourne storm players on the ground as Manly use there superior pace to perform skillfull backlines moves to scores dozens of tries. 09 to say the least should be interesting.

Cameron Smith publicly criticising at the first opportunity the new system that Bellamy was such an outspoken supporter of introducing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7