NEWS: Meet the toughest player in league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Meet the toughest player in league
Thu 21 Jul, 2016, 7:00am
By Andrew Bryan,
Deputy Editor,
NRL.com

She is one of the toughest rugby league players on the planet and had circumstances been different Kezie Apps would be one of the highest earning stars in the game, according to NSW Women's coach Ben Cross.

Apps and the NSW team came into camp on Wednesday and will be attempting to end Queensland's 17-year undefeated reign in the Interstate Challenge when the women's state sides clash at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

There is no question Apps will be in the thick of the action if NSW are to record a historic maiden victory.

The only thing interesting in there was that the Aussie Captain is the sister of Tariq, Korbin and Ashton Sims.

must have been some big games in the backyard growing up

Related article:

NSW Women Break Drought Over Queensland

Matt Buxton (Twitter: @MattBuxton22)
Sat 23rd July, 04:45PM

The NSW Women have finally broken a 17-year drought over their Queensland counterparts, putting in a defensively bruising yet perfect performance in their 8-4 victory at CBUS Super Stadium.

Individuals stood up, however it was a brilliant team performance that won them the match, and the girls fought to the end for each other in defence.

Speaking of the toughest player in league. I was in my car with my son this afternoon listening to the Raider v Warriors match on the local Canberra radio station. At half time one of the commentators was talking about one of the toughest back-rowers of the seventies. My thoughts immediately drifted off to fond memories of Terry Randall. IMO one of the toughest players and best defenders of his era. When you got hit by Igor - you stayed hit.

Anyway, the commentator kept talking about this great back-rower of the seventies without actually mentioning him by name. I told my son it has to be Terry Randall that he's talking about. The commentator went on and mentioned the many premierships that this player won with his club. Yada, yada, yada. He finally mentioned his nickname as "Igor". It quickly dawned on me that it was a quiz. No sooner did my quick thinking son have 2CC on the phone talking to me that I was the winner of a brand new Huawei P9 mobile phone valued at $800!

Ahhh Igor. The legend that keeps on giving.

Last edited:
I looked for some coverage of that match. None.
The girls play good, tough footy and Kezie Apps actually reminded me of beaver....... Steve Menzies I mean, during the games in the nines. Runs great lines and makes plenty of breaks.
Good on the girls.
Someone has to beat the Qlders.

I looked for some coverage of that match. None.
The girls play good, tough footy and Kezie Apps actually reminded me of beaver....... Steve Menzies I mean, during the games in the nines. Runs great lines and makes plenty of breaks.
Good on the girls.
Someone has to beat the Qlders.

Here is the link to the 'Highlights' package:

http://www.nrl.com/2016-womens-interstate-challenge/tabid/10959/tab/8/contentid/865690/default.aspx

Some bloody good hits in there too :D

Awesome!

nsw finally win something and some really good hits.

Interesting that when the nsw player got hit high near the qld line, she didn't stay down like she'd been shot like 99.9999999999999% of the men do, she bounced back up because she knew nsw still had a chance of scoring.

great to see!

Related article:

Sims hopes for Blues dynasty after historic win

Sun 31 Jul, 2016, 7:00am
By Chris Kennedy,
National Correspondent,
NRL.com

NSW captain Ruan Sims is hoping the Blues' first win in 17 years of interstate clashes against the Queensland women is the start of a period of dominance for the NSW women's team.

Sims was elated with the historic victory, which she said was a result of a build-up of months of hard work as well as improving resources and development in women's rugby league south of the Tweed.

Great game, enjoyed the skill and spirit.

Blushed every time the commentator called the qld girl, Kunst takes a hit.

Bunch of wusses those girls. I could Matai them all off the park........
Trembling, they'd be.
The crowd cheering N'pops, N'pops!
Then I'd wake up and go to work.:p

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8