News: Max Delmege says club controversy hurt Manly in loss to Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<p>Manly co-owner Max Delmege has conceded the Brett Stewart controversy engulfing the club took its toll against the Bulldogs on Saturday night. </p><p>In a disappointing start to their premiership defence, the Sea Eagles were defeated 34-12 by a new-look Bulldogs outfit at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.
Given Manly won the World Club Challenge in March, it was suggested the sexual assault allegation against Brett Stewart stemming from the club's boozy season launch affected the team's performance. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/max-delmege-says-club-controversy-hurt-manly-in-loss-to-bulldogs.html">Read the full article</a>

If someone wants to edit this article so the whole story goes up on the front page then go for it. I can't get into articles to edit them. I put the link in there for the whole article but it didn't hyperlink for some reason.
done - Dan

Max loves getting his 2 cents worth in the media at the moment.

Man i am getting really sick of Delmege always putting his name in the papers. It doesnt work to Des's style of under the rader and it doesnt help the team when there is constant negative input in the papers from the owner.

Maybe he isnt putting his name in the papers, it sounds to me like they are re-using quotes and also calling him for comment.

I would probably hire a publicist if I were him to deflect and deal with all of this

This is killing me knowing what our great club and us the supporters are all going through.

I'm getting sick of it all I'm off to happier times  :) to watch the GF & WCC back to back again.

Delmege added that constant sniping in the front office was also having an effect on the team.

Oh derrrr ! ! !

Both parties involved need to shut their mouths & keep it behind closed doors and out of the media.

A few people need to shut up quick and Max is one of them. There should be one main voice for the club - the CEO and the rest of them should keep their stuff for the boardroom. If the media ring Max, he should refer them to Mayer. He is not media savvy and is being used to fuel the fire!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2