1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Max Delmege says club controversy hurt Manly in loss to Bulldogs

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    <p>Manly co-owner Max Delmege has conceded the Brett Stewart controversy engulfing the club took its toll against the Bulldogs on Saturday night. </p><p>In a disappointing start to their premiership defence, the Sea Eagles were defeated 34-12 by a new-look Bulldogs outfit at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.
    Given Manly won the World Club Challenge in March, it was suggested the sexual assault allegation against Brett Stewart stemming from the club's boozy season launch affected the team's performance. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/max-delmege-says-club-controversy-hurt-manly-in-loss-to-bulldogs.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    If someone wants to edit this article so the whole story goes up on the front page then go for it. I can't get into articles to edit them. I put the link in there for the whole article but it didn't hyperlink for some reason.
    done - Dan

Max loves getting his 2 cents worth in the media at the moment.

3. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Man i am getting really sick of Delmege always putting his name in the papers. It doesnt work to Des's style of under the rader and it doesnt help the team when there is constant negative input in the papers from the owner.

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    Maybe he isnt putting his name in the papers, it sounds to me like they are re-using quotes and also calling him for comment.

I would probably hire a publicist if I were him to deflect and deal with all of this

5. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is killing me knowing what our great club and us the supporters are all going through.

I'm getting sick of it all I'm off to happier times  :) to watch the GF & WCC back to back again.

6. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Oh derrrr ! ! !

Both parties involved need to shut their mouths & keep it behind closed doors and out of the media.

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    A few people need to shut up quick and Max is one of them. There should be one main voice for the club - the CEO and the rest of them should keep their stuff for the boardroom. If the media ring Max, he should refer them to Mayer. He is not media savvy and is being used to fuel the fire!!!

8. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Too many folks obviously like seeing their names in the papers.

9. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    That would involve paying wages.

10. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    4 years to re-build, two weeks to unravell.

Come on boys, stick with it.

11. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
  12. Moops

Moops Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 26
    Couldn't have put it better myself