News: Max adamant there ain't no second prize

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
<p>JUST minutes after yesterday's salary cap scandal broke, we received the unlikeliest of phone calls from Manly co-owner Max Delmege.</p>
<p />

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4727-josh-massoud-and-james-phelps.html">Read the full article</a>

There's a few "issues" and flaws in this article.  But I shall exercise discretion as the better part of valour.

Getting the 2007 premiership retrospectively would be hollow. The 2008 win was good enough for me. Considering the won by a record margin against a team of cheats says it all about the charactor of the Sea Eagles! Let's leave it be...

Whilst I agree with Max on this issue, why does he ring the papers as the story breaks?

The papers are all focussed on Melbourne and they are drowing in their own vomit. It is beyond description why Max would be ringing them and talking about us at the moment.

Saviour of the club he is but he should shut up and stop feeding a voracious media and leave official club comment to the Chairman or the coach. Note that at Parra the Chief Exec is the one who makes the comment on behalf of the club, not the egotistical owner, who has shot us in the foot just too many times in the past year. (His involvement last year was one main factor in us not challenging Melbourne and giving them one premiership less to lose!!)

He should keep his comments for board level and stay out of the media. He is just not savvy enough and it is hurting the club.

Canteen Worker link said:
Whilst I agree with Max on this issue, why does he ring the papers as the story breaks?

The papers are all focussed on Melbourne and they are drowing in their own vomit. It is beyond description why Max would be ringing them and talking about us at the moment.

Saviour of the club he is but he should shut up and stop feeding a voracious media and leave official club comment to the Chairman or the coach. Note that at Parra the Chief Exec is the one who makes the comment on behalf of the club, not the egotistical owner, who has shot us in the foot just too many times in the past year. (His involvement last year was one main factor in us not challenging Melbourne and giving them one premiership less to lose!!)

He should keep his comments for board level and stay out of the media. He is just not savvy enough and it is hurting the club.

Couldn't agree more - someone needs to strongly advise him he does not speak on behalf of the club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4