1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Mason not worth gamble, Jamie Lyon, Michael Monaghan, Fans day

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    <div class="content-item">
    <div class="module-header">IN the end, there was one skeleton too many in Willie Mason’s cupboard. Mason is now the giant-sized proof that the majority of rugby league clubs have silently declared a “no troublemakers” policy in the game.</div>
    <div class="module-header" />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4515-mason-not-worth-gamblejamie-lyonmichael-monaghan-fans-day.html">Read the full article</a>

2. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    It may all be coming together quicker than we thought. Killer is a great kicker and his directional play at the end of 2008 was instrumental in winning us a Premiership, the captaincy should be finalised shortly, Choc is looking to sign on long term (see http://www.silvertails.net/news/4516-choc-to-stay-put), Foran getting the right pushes, Snake sizzling at the back, some pack competition for places. I know the halves need to be sorted but I am starting to feel pretty confident of a solid year.

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Reading all that should make Ryan happy with Lowe MB :p

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Mason would have been worth that gamble.

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,147 / 291
    There is no way in hell I'd say anything negative about Lowe anymore mate.

6. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I will if our forwards get steamrolled.

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    [/quote] I would have thought it would have taken more than a moderator banning and an MWSE banning to shut you up mate.  Dissapointing.

8. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    he's no pat wilson

9. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Agreed - he will be out to prove a point and at 50k you cant go wrong

10. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    [/quote]

Haha, good onya Ryan. If we don't hear from you at all on the matter again then hopefully it means he is performing !! Have you been barred from places for your views as Mata has said ?

11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,147 / 291
    Hi Kiwi. I just sent you a PM.

12. larry tate II

larry tate II Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Not until he brings out a version of "Bop Girl!"...which was probably the worst aussie song of the '80s,for all you Gen-iPods.

13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,803 / 122
    "All Manly’s captains in recent years since and including Geoff Toovey have been confrontational. If “Killer” gets the nod, it will be a marked change in approach"

I didn't think Geoff was confrontational. He always accepted the umpire's decision with decorum and good sportsmanship:)
    But out of loyalty to his tiring forwards and under (I'm sure) strict instructions he tried to buy a little time for the defence. Well done to Geoff.
    However . . . a prospective master stroke from Des? (Cam Smith is annoying, a grappler, etc etc but not a whiner).

14. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,803 / 122
    Agreed - he will be out to prove a point and at 50k you cant go wrong
    [/quote]

"If" he gets an NRL start . . .  he will be out to prove a point, and he has the ability (eg his barnstorming game first time for the Rooters up against the Dogs)  . . .

But I disagree with 'at 50k you cant go wrong', when it is the whole culture of the playing group that is at stake.

Having said that, I reckon Willie is far less 'poisonous' that some other players, but he has a bad reputation. He is popular with players precisely because he does speak what he thinks, and that makes him dangerous.