News: Manly winger David "Wolfman" Williams facing battle to regain place in first grade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
as we all knew a long time ago its hard to keep them all , but you know my thoughts on Hoppa jr , not many 18 year olds like him running around , DCE, FORAN , both tied up last year ,we will lose some players , hopefully we keep Hoppa , but we will lose some ,but in my opinion Hoppa is a must , then we work down the list , one thing for sure we wont be buying any big name players for a few years

Surely its not that big of a deal for wolfman to play some NSW cup before getting back into 1st grade. He's been away from the game long enough to have to earn his spot again.
Brett Stewart was the best fullback in the game pre injuries, so he deserves to walk straight back in. Wolfman was good, not great and we're not missing him at the moment.

It's a long way from the days of all the scorn of manly buying premierships. How long ago was our last big signing. Orford,Lyon,Kennedy,Kite,Perry. Its fantastic to see how this club has changed so much in that we have fostered players like Snake,Wolf,Matai,Foran,DCE,Gift,Choc,Ballin,King,Hoppa Jr,Oldfield

tookey said:
The Eagle said:
Its simple really
Let go Robbo
Keep Oldfield as a backup
Keep Wolf on a lower contract
KEEP HOPOATE,DCE AND FORAN PRIORITY

Add Bhurer as a priority as well

Agree wholeheartedly

The spine and makeshift spine must be kept in tact,perhaps maybe the C9 who i think doesnt add much spice to the team.....his game is rather predictable and very no frills for a player of his position,i feel a much more lively manly running around with Seu Seu than Ballin,undoubtedly i will cop alot of heat for that BUT he plays a very predictable game,alot of our metres this year from dummy half have been Matai who recently came back,he has probably doubled Ballins complete year stats

Am i the only one to notice this?

The Eagle said:
tookey said:
The Eagle said:
Its simple really
Let go Robbo
Keep Oldfield as a backup
Keep Wolf on a lower contract
KEEP HOPOATE,DCE AND FORAN PRIORITY

Add Bhurer as a priority as well

Agree wholeheartedly

The spine and makeshift spine must be kept in tact,perhaps maybe the C9 who i think doesnt add much spice to the team.....his game is rather predictable and very no frills for a player of his position,i feel a much more lively manly running around with Seu Seu than Ballin,undoubtedly i will cop alot of heat for that BUT he plays a very predictable game,alot of our metres this year from dummy half have been Matai who recently came back,he has probably doubled Ballins complete year stats

Am i the only one to notice this?

Metres from dummy half isn't always a telling factor in a good or bad performance. Ballin was an important change in the 08 GF winning team over Monas. Monas was way more dangerous but the constant running from dummy half stifled the rest of the attack. Better service is more important. Plus with the change in the ruck rules this year, making metres from half is a lot harder. All hookers bar Cameron Smith have struggled with the ruck changes this year. Also making a few extra metres from dummy half is quickly negated if you are dominated in the tackle. A few less metres and a better play the ball is far more important. Also I don't have a great wrap on hookers who run and get tackled, all they are doing is putting pressure on the next play the ball by having someone at dummy half who isn't as skilled at it.

Imo Ballin needs to take a few lessons from Cliffy,Run at the line and give off deft passes into gaps at the line

Cliffy is older than water but still looked great against the queenslanders earlier this year in the legends game

matty ballin is a great solid hooker and lestranger complimented him well, i guess when they signed Terry Terry they thought he could fill that void so far for one reason or another he hasnt.

If it where a choice to keep Wolfie or Robbo I I'd take Robbo, Wolfie had a great year in 2008 but has hardly been seen on the paddock since.

Cambo said:
matty ballin is a great solid hooker and lestranger complimented him well, i guess when they signed Terry Terry they thought he could fill that void so far for one reason or another he hasnt.

From how I saw it I think that the club planned for MB to become an 80min player from 2010 onwards. Even in 2009 when we still had LeStrange he was used sparingly.

Honestly I thought that Ballin was pretty good against the Cowboys. Hopefully that performance means that either Des has got into him about playing a more prominent role or he has just taken it upon himself to get involved more when the halves are struggling.

Happy with Ballin rarely running from dummy half, it's just not as effective with the new rule changes. He does take his chances well & generally breaks for a good gain when he decides to take it & go. IMO you could see how much he adds to the structure of the team when Seu Seu came in earlier on in the year.

Rambo1987 said:
Why would Wolfie stay for less money when he could get paid overs at another club for being an Internarional.

Agreed. Out of the two incumbent starting wingers I think that we are a better shot of retaining Robbo over Williams. A club like Parra will offer Williams a deal we wont be willing to match based on the hope that he will get back to his 08/09 form & stay there.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8