News: Manly "under the radar" - again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<font face="Arial"><p>Manly coach Des Hasler says Sea Eagles are flying under the radar, again

It was an unusual tactic he used to deflect the spotlight off Manly last year and coach Des Hasler was up to his old tricks again on Monday.</p></font><p><font face="Arial">After two successive losses to start his team's premiership defence, Hasler said: "We are back under the radar again." </font></p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/manly-qunder-the-radarq-again.html">Read the full article</a>

Re: News: Manly \

The under the radar thing worked well in 07 and 08 with our players not being selected for origin matches which saw some teams eg, Broncos and Storm heavily depleted. We were still almost full strength and kept winning in these periods. This kind of "under the radar" works in our favour.

We are certainly not under the media's radar. We are like a continuous satelite transmission.

Re: News: Manly

it's a nice excuse, but I hardly think the Bulldogs will be there in the GF, unlike last year we had lost to 2 of the top 3 sides by round 5, Melbourne and Sharks.....

Going on last night's exhibition, the Sharks will struggle to get into the eight.  Melbourne might too.

Re: News: Manly \

yes! as predicted, Manly are "under the radar".

please DSM, Sharks and Melb. are specials for the 8. how can you honestly evaluate a teams consistency based on opening 2 rounds?  ::)

stop getting caught up in the hype and let things fall where they may...
Bulldogs are just an early s3ason anomoly. Injuries to a few key players (such as ennis) and they will be like the 07-08 titans. good night!

hey if every other team thinks we are sh1t then that is awesome, we don't want to be "the bar" for the rest of the comp. to aim up at.

it also helps the ca to go under the radar as we get less picked for rep duties

Fluffy link said:
it also helps the ca to go under the radar as we get less picked for rep duties

Yeah that's a bit of a double edged sword isn't it. On one hand you want the guys to get picked as a reward for their efforts and it shows their the best in their role.On the other hand it's good to have them in the team for the whole year, as it does weaken the side.

Daily T I said, 'based on last nights efforts', re the Sharks.  I can't see them doing any better than 9th.  Take a line through their team and tell me if their backline is top eight material.  Then look closely at their forwards, Apart from Gallen the Grub, there's not much there.  Gallen gives away to many penalties to be a positive anyway.  The Dogs?  Maybe 8th. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2