News: Manly to fight for Steve Matai, Trent Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Utility Player link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=183454.msg265275#msg265275 date=1275612367]
And do we have alternative risk free options available to us ?  I dont think so.
While I agree with most and hope we can find a way to keep him, would Cherry Evans be such a bad fallback if Hodkinson did a runner.

The talk around the time of the trials was that DCE and Hodkinson would get equal game time to determin who would get first shot in the NRL with Hodkinson proving a points winner.

If all else fails Reni Maitua is looking for a start in the NRL and would probably take a lot less money than the sum Hodkinson is after.
[/quote]

I have less confidence in DCE than TH. A recent game up here in the Qld Cup DCE was a real matchwinner while other games he has struggled. But from what ive seen of him he would be the type to find that step up to NRL more difficult even if only from a physical point of view, especially in defense.

Isnt Maitua a bit of a problem child ?

Was under Folkes and Stuart but Dessie could sort him out, anyway he is making all the right noises in the paper.

He has played for Australia and would be of great utility value in that he could play in the backrow at 5/8 or centre.

As I mentioned in the other topic, we are reported to be offering Cherry another 2 years, so the Brains trust must see something in him as well. I was never convinced about him in the 20s tbh but with the top squad during the off season his levels may have gone up

One of the stand out things about both hodkinson and foran was their defense.

DCE is known to be a little soft in this area. They need to add more size to his frame I think

The bulldogs are making noises about Kimmorely staying for another year and if that's true then I can see Hodkinson staying. On the other hand I have no idea how much we are/can offer him so who knows.

Dan link said:
One of the stand out things about both hodkinson and foran was their defense.

DCE is known to be a little soft in this area. They need to add more size to his frame I think
Sunshine Coast are running around like headless chooks. 

On tonights effort I'd think the Dogs would be more than happy to see the rear end of Kimmorley.  He was terrible, as were they all.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8