News: Manly star accused of second altercation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>NEW claims have been made that the face of the National Rugby League, the Manly fullback Brett Stewart, was allegedly involved in an altercation surrounding a woman at a Central Coast hotel more than 12 months ago.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/manly-star-accused-of-second-altercation.html">Read the full article</a>

Clearly he would not have used stewart.....WTF he replaced him witha  bloke involved in a similar altercation that was known to him already.

farken dirty scumbag cheat

police were called?

Police are called for little crap like this all the time, it obviously went no where

I heard that Brett held hands with a girl in Grade 7. Damn it that I'm older and I wasn't the girl.

Rex link said:
Jesus Christ!

What day is this?

And will he deny he's the Messiah?

From Monty Python's "Life of Brian..oops I mean Brett":

"He's not the messiah he just a naughty boy"

Hahahaha I've been waiting years to use that line...and at Easter too  ;D

But seriously folks, is there any case for Brett Stewart to answer - because the cops didn't pursue the matter further and the woman involved alledgedly didn't comment further to police or the Herald.
How many "altercations" happen like this every weekend in Sydney and are just simple disputes between two people on the spur of the moment that blow over quick and lead to nothing further unless someone has an agenda to push: probably thousands.

No one here including our mate Gallop knows exactly what the facts of the matter are regarding the altercation so rushing to judgement is just showing biased opinion one way or another. Time for lawmaker judge jury executioner Gallop to ride in on the white charger eh? maybe Brett should have had tea and bikkies with him...

I'm washing my hands of it all  ;)  ok sorry bout the easter puns ;-)

Heard about this around a month ago, although it was just a rumour/second-hand knowledge at that stage.

I didn't think much of it then. But there's obviously enough there for Magnay to slide into her anti-Manly persona again.

I remember several media outlets blew up about the reporting of the dad being a shady bugger (correctly stating that it had nothing to do with the current allegations). But if nothing has come of this, again, isn't it irrepsonsible to report it, for the same reasons that the reports on the father's shady history were howled down?

Might be one for media watch...

willstyles link said:
But if nothing has come of this, again, isn't it irrepsonsible to report it, for the same reasons that the reports on the father's shady history were howled down?

Of course it's irresponsible journalism, and the timing is obviously calculated to impact both on Brett's return to the football field and his future court appearances.
As far as Magnay's motive goes, I assume it's simply so she can see her name (thankfully they didn't run her head shot) on the front page. And maybe so she can pat herself on that broad back of hers when she turns in for the night, knowing she's done the world - and particularly womankind - a favour.
I know "Media Watch" got stuck in to the "the dad's a crook" stories, but that was mainly on the basis that Channel 9, as a footy broadcaster, had a vested interest in Brett as their "product". Simplistic reasoning at best, but there you go.
I doubt they'd be inclined to have a go at Magnay for this.

They haven't even got their order right. If this alleged event happened it was over a year ago, so it was the first altercation involving our fullback, not the second. To make sense the headline should have stated "Manly star accused of  previous altercation."
Maybe that reporter's got a thing going on with Gallop (if the dvd of their home movies ever comes out I'm not watching it). Next that woman will report that  one year Stewart got a C- in maths.

isn't there a 12 month statute of limitation on these things too?

Ron E. Gibbs link said:
Of course it's irresponsible journalism, and the timing is obviously calculated to impact both on Brett's return to the football field and his future court appearances.
As far as Magnay's motive goes, I assume it's simply so she can see her name (thankfully they didn't run her head shot) on the front page. And maybe so she can pat herself on that broad back of hers when she turns in for the night, knowing she's done the world - and particularly womankind - a favour.
I know \"Media Watch\" got stuck in to the \"the dad's a crook\" stories, but that was mainly on the basis that Channel 9, as a footy broadcaster, had a vested interest in Brett as their \"product\". Simplistic reasoning at best, but there you go.
I doubt they'd be inclined to have a go at Magnay for this.

Good points mate. On everything basically.

She sounds like she needs, doesn't get, and misses a heck of a lot of man love, but unfortunately, IMO, her head is chromosome short of Paul Sironen.

Maybe Brett Stewart isn't as cleanskinned as we thought/wished???

I love the bloke... think he is the greatest player we have seen in quite some time but alot of crap is starting to come out about him.

Might be a good idea to stay away from the drink.

I don't know why anyone pays attention to that hack journalist.  Her foolish ramblings do more damage to rugby league than any rugby league player.  This article is a load of rubbish just like everything else she writes.

Rex link said:
Jesus Christ!

What day is this?

And will he deny he's the Messiah?

It is a big joke.  Make him carry the cross on easter Sunday at Brookvale oval and we can stone him and cruicify him.  A public crucification at Brookie oval would be a first.  Maybe Brett can get Max Markson to be his manager and we can get Today tonight to televise it?

If she was a real journalist she would write about what happened at the surf rock cafe after the team cricket day about a month before the season launch.  Oh that's right she doesn't have a F**kin clue about what happened then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7