News: Manly on a Mission

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
<p>FORMER Maroons, Kiwis, Manly and Cowboys coach. Public speaker. Former NZRL director of football. Taxi driver. Newspaper columnist. And at present, CEO of the famous Manly rugby league club. On either side of the Tasman, Graham Lowe needs no introduction.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4918-manly-on-a-mission.html">Read the full article</a>

Great idea, lets merge with the Warriors because we both have pathetic membership figures.
The Warriors can play half their games at Brookvale and the Sea Eagles can play half their games in NZ. Bright decision.

And with the 4 games we will then play out of brookie, we can shift 2 of them to PNG and make a motza.

Further to the article there were little opinion bits down the side of the page

Lowey says

On closer ties between Manly and the Warriors
"Manly has a strong connection with this country and bacuase time has changed, we have to work with the Warriors over here now. We don't want to work against them"

On Manly playing "Home" matches in NZ
"We are looking at various venues in New Zealand to bring games back here. I'm really keen on that idea but I'm also consious of the effect it could have on our season ticket holders"

About the sate of Rugby League
"Sport is about a balance between touch and technology and i think the game is in danger of going too much down that technology path. But apart from that, it's still the exact same game that I coached for Otahuhu back in the 70's"

About being the CEO of an NRL club
"CEOs are sort of stuck between the NRL itself and their club. You have to hope that the tide isn't pushing too much one way or the other"

His future at Manly
"The clubs already made it very clear to me that they are expecting me to stay on as CEO after 2011. and while that's flattering, I don't know what's going to happen - it's too early for me to say anything about that right now"

His health
"I'm always going to have this thing (health problems) hanging over me. But this job has really brought a different, new energy to my life"

On Steve Matai
"I do think Steve would be fantastic for the Warriors. He'd be an obvious guy that they would try to get. But we will do what we can to keep him"

On Kiwi's playing Origin
"There's always been talk about having New Zealanders playing in Origin and as much as I'm very pro Kiwi, it would be the wrong move. Origin is a uniquely Australian thing and it shouldn't be tinkered with. They should leave it alone"

On Kevin Locke
"He's the most exciting young player that I've seen come trhough since Sonny Bill Williams. I think he's the most valuable young player in the NRL"

On Locke again
"He's the Warriors best player, daylight is second and it's pretty hard to get anyone to disagree with that

The real question is, why would the Warriors want to give up any of their exclusive territory to a Sydney based club???

WAMF link said:
Great idea, lets merge with the Warriors because we both have pathetic membership figures.
The Warriors can play half their games at Brookvale and the Sea Eagles can play half their games in NZ. Bright decision.

LOL, I must have missed the part saying we will merge with the Warriors

Obviously being in an NZ based newspaper the article will be pointed towards NZ

But as I said in another topic, will be enough in that article to keep thr forum buzzing through the bye weekend haha

i dont mind him tapping into the nz market  I JUST WISH IT WAS THE PLAYER MARKET.. he should be scouting over there looking for a couple of cut price good go forward boppers.. get them for peanuts they will be happy just for the opportunity..

jjai link said:
i dont mind him tapping into the nz market  I JUST WISH IT WAS THE PLAYER MARKET.. he should be scouting over there looking for a couple of cut price good go forward boppers.. get them for peanuts they will be happy just for the opportunity..

Maybe he could visit Rimatuku Prison or Silverwater for the best selection...

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183848.msg271529#msg271529 date=1278208343]

[/quote]..yeah but can they play...?????..lol

Bla Bla Bla...what a great story on himself. Im starting to think his ego is getting in the way of business..
Its time we got on with building the Manly Brand back to where it was, so it is again attractive to sponsors.
We are losing our appeal and after last years disasters nothing has been done to make us attractive again.
All they (management) are working on is making themselves look like a big happy family. Doesnt win fans or footy games.

He's taking us back to the brink of being Maori Warringah.  There are enough challenges in Australia to face without wasting his time over there.  But he doesn't seem to have any contacts here, does he?

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=183848.msg271529#msg271529 date=1278208343]

[/quote]  Maybe he's scouting Dallas Rennie.  In that case let's hope he still hasn't found his pen.

You've got to agree that the Delmege v Penn handbags stoush has ceased, or at the very least it's not being played out in the media anymore. If he has been a peacemaker on that front then you've got to give him a pat on the back.

Chip & Chase link said:
You've got to agree that the Delmege v Penn handbags stoush has ceased, or at the very least it's not being played out in the media anymore. If he has been a peacemaker on that front then you've got to give him a pat on the back.
It's just not being played out in the media.

Comforting to know that he thinks that the game hasn't changed since the 1970's. 

Chip & Chase link said:
Don't pat him too vigorously, I know he's sweet as a nut but let's not push our luck.

tookey link said:
Comforting to know that he thinks that the game hasn't changed since the 1970's. 
  I'm told he wears purple, corduroys flares and a paisley tie to work. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183848.msg271591#msg271591 date=1278240841]
  I'm told he wears purple, corduroys flares and a paisley tie to work. 
[/quote]

And a purple body shirt?  Also a short sleeve safari suit in summer. 

Is anyone else quickly coming to the conclusion that Lowe's main KPI is to rack up more frequent flyer mileage then his predecessor?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6