News: Manly, NRL head for showdown over Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
NRL officials will meet with the Manly rugby league club board this morning to discuss whether star full-back Brett Stewart should be allowed to play this weekend, now that he has been officially charged with sexually assaulting a teenage girl.

The Manly board held an emergency meeting last night and decided Stewart will keep his spot in this weekend's game against the Bulldogs, despite the charge.

The Sea Eagles's training has been moved on Wednesday morning to a secret location ahead of this weekend's clash against the Bulldogs.

The 24-year-old was arrested on the weekend after a 17-year-old girl accused him of assaulting her on Friday night.

Stewart, who at the weekend declined a police interview and was released without charge, went to Dee Why police station on Tuesday night and was formally charged with sexual assault.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/manly-nrl-head-for-showdown-over-stewart.html">Read the full article</a>

I hate to say this, but this Saga could bring the board back together to fight off the common enemey (Gallop and the NRL).

Even if stewart is later to prove guilty of assault it is the best interest of the club that he plays. As I have been told by my sister,  a law graduate. If Manly don't let him do his "Job" and he is not guilty than Stewart could sue the club for alot more than just match fees.

There is no legal precedent to make Stewart stand down. It is a statement that the club believes he is not guilty! However, wisdom might see him voluntarily step down for a short period?

Innocent until proven guilty, surely the NRL is opening themselves forlegal action if he is found guilty if they prevent him from playing (they are implying to any jurors they believe he is guilty) and opening themselves to legal action if he is not guilty also. Leave him alone until proven one way or the other. How can he get a fair trial if the NRL has already assumed his guilt by standing him down.

It would not suprise me at all if this was all a setup from the nrl/news, all the way down the moving these people in.

we should forfeit the game......................... all fans stay away. Boycott all away games until Brett is back.

QldEagle link said:
we should forfeit the game......................... all fans stay away. Boycott all away games until Brett is back.

I agree.....
Screw the NRL and News Ltd.It's a shonk from go to whoa.

What chance has Brett got of getting a fair hearing if he is already assumed guilty by these clowns

QldEagle link said:

Dumbest comment ever....

You want to weaken the clubs financial position by staying away to prove a point to the NRL, why damage the club for something the NRL is doing? do you want to end up supporting manly in the jim beam cup???

im not paying itno the NRL coffers after being treated this way screw the NRL, they dont need support to beat the dogs...

missing_something link said:
[quote author=QldEagle link=topic=179507.msg210794#msg210794 date=1236736812]

Dumbest comment ever....

You want to weaken the clubs financial position by staying away to prove a point to the NRL, why damage the club for something the NRL is doing? do you want to end up supporting manly in the jim beam cup???
[/quote]

The suggestion is for away games and in principal I agree.

Screw the NRL , I owe those multi-national thieves absolutely nothing !!!!

I usually attend Titans and Broncos games, not this year screw em, i urge all other Manly fans to do the same, pump your hard earned income into Brookie, ill fly to sydney twice at least instead of driving an hour to GC or Brissie this year. Buy licensed gear only from Manly Web Site, we need to have a fortress attitude now, screw everyone else.

dceagle link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=179507.msg210817#msg210817 date=1236737649]
[quote author=QldEagle link=topic=179507.msg210794#msg210794 date=1236736812]

Dumbest comment ever....

[/quote]

The suggestion is for away games and in principal I agree.

Screw the NRL , I owe those multi-national thieves absolutely nothing !!!!

[/quote]

Again those gate takings help other clubs who all have running costs and have nothing to with Brett Stewart being banned by the NRL, and when their club supporters come to travel to our home games we get a financial benefit, staying away proves nothing and is an ill directed attempt to make a stance and damages clubs and not the NRL, not to mention shows a lack of support for our team.

Don't get me wrong go protest on the NRL head quarters in Phillips street if you feel that strongly about it, or find some other way to strength your cause but you won’t convince me not supporting the team itself is the right way to prove anything.

No trying to convince you, thats why it is called "Personal opinion" many out there dont share ur opinion of dumbest comment ever thanks any way for your "opinion"

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6