1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Manly had it in the bag - but they blew it

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by davohan123, Jul 12, 2010.

1. davohan123

davohan123 Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +986 / 56
    <p>This occasion was made-to-order for Manly.</p>
    <p>It was a cold night, their team was near full strength, they had plenty to play for and were playing a lowly rated team with zero top-eight credentials and a very poor record away from home.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4933-manly-had-it-in-the-bag-but-they-blew-it.html">Read the full article</a>

2. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    What am i missing here at what stage did we have it in the bag??? we were chasing most of the game.

3. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    I thought Gould said on the roast that he did not watch the game, after reading that tripe I believe him.

4. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    his point was that Manly had everything in their favour and by far the more to play for, but they farked up and blew it to lose to what was the "lesser" team.

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    2 sloppy passes killing what should have been a very healthy halftime lead was where the game was lost for mine

6. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    2 sloppy passes and a watmough dropped ball/missed tackle

7. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0

It really reminded me of the Titans game earlier this year. We looked like we were on top for most of the game but threw a couple of intercepts and couldn't convert enough chances. Not that we were great and one of their tries was soft as but it was hard to see were we went wrong

8. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Realistically we should have gone into half time 16-6 up, luck hasn't been on our side for a while, really when was the last time we scored against the run of play?

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Look the intercept is a speciality of the Raiders especially Monaghan.  We should have known that and not got into catch and pass mode near their line with them in ours.  I think the pass was from Farrah and he needs to be smarter.  I'm not a fan of his game.  Stay at fullback and catch the bombs and tidy up.  Forget the Brett Stewart impersonations.  You're not quick or smart enough.