1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Manly, Canberra gone for 2009?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Jethro, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    <p>THE weight of recent history is overwhelmingly against the reigning premiers Manly Warringah and the Canberra Raiders – but both sides still believe they can feature in the finals.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/manly-canberra-gone-for-2009.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Biscuits

Biscuits Active Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    3 straight losses is the same whether it happens at the start of the season, in the middle or towards the end. We will bounce back

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    What a ****ing knob of an article this is
    Benjamin Everill LOL

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    On our current form he could be right.  Tell me why not.

5. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Because they're Sea Eagles, Premiers, World Champs and they'll come back to form.

6. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Thankyou niccipops.  I completely agree.

7. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If we play like we did last night we'll run a long last.

After the buldogs game I thought "oh well we always lose the first game anyways"

After the warriors game i thought "we played like **** and we nearly beat a team that will be there in september"

After the Penrith game I thought "wow.... that was really ****ing embarrassing... disgusting effort"

Hopefully the players feel embarrassed as much as I do and come out firing this week.

Bring on Snake, T Rex and Wolfman!!!!!

8. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Listening to Talkin' S**t on the way to work tonight and they reckon Souths in '55 were the last team to win the comp after a 0-3 start. Before that it was in '33. So I guess it has been done. :-\

9. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    win 13 games and make the 8

That means lose 11 in the year

Make the 8 and its a new game.......i agree we are awful but a far way from written off

10. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The writer of this article knows jack **** about our great club so it seems.