[Resurrected] News: Manlys battle to keep Jared signed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>ONE of the Sea Eagles’s most promising young talents is being heavily pursued by the Roosters. Manly Toyota Cup (under-20) star Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is off-contract at season’s end with a number of clubs believed to be circling the boom backrower. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/manlys-battle-to-keep-jared-signed.html">Read the full article</a>

drop hall before origin, Then watch he come back when Stewey or Watmough is out of the team.

This is a joke. SIGN HIM BEFORE HE PLAYS a bit cheaper.. otherwise we wont be able to afford him once he does play (if he does play....)

The roosters are also after Foran if they dont sign Carney.
Youd have to think JWH is a priority signing, im sure Manly would have already been in talks with him.

Can't lose Waera-Hargraves, one of our future 1st graders for sure. If it means losing some of the older guys to keep our u20 stars in Manly then so be it, we've got enough experience in the team to make it worthwhile.

Des and the team did the right thing with Gifty, I know it hurts to watch but I am sure once we blood him it will be when he is ready and not before

Hall is 31 this year i think which is far too old which is a shame becaus ei really like the guy.  I think Le'Strange would be next to go if Hasler thinks Ballin can pull 80mins, but given the quicker pace of the game then probably not.
Ox - something tells me he'll re-sign (not resign) for 2 years and They'll try and lose Bani instead of Robbo and Williams.
I think someone that's not listed will get released in the end.  Maybe a few people from the QLD cup squad even, like G Rose.

the foran thing is interesting
his mothers partner is the roosters recruitman boss i forget his  name but he used to be at the storm

Orford signs i will be devastated.. especially if all these kids arent resigned because of him.

When has the club lost a player that has gone on to bigger and better things else where?

If the club rates him they will not lose him (think Groom.....)

As I stated yesterday he is gone already as for Foran nothing agreed to yet but will also turn out for the roosters.From what I have heard the managers of these players don't no who to even negotiate with,they no mayer won't be there next year so he does not have the ability to sign contracts.Also with the owners fighting managers are concerned about the future of the club.

KaZa, me too.  The talk of Hall being to old at 31 is nonsense.  For a front rower, that's not old.  For a halfback, 31 is.  I just can't see the value of keeping Orford for the future.  Begin to blood someone else at half, or we'll be stuck with an underperforming scrum base for the next two years.       

reyam link said:
As I stated yesterday he is gone already as for Foran nothing agreed to yet but will also turn out for the roosters.From what I have heard the managers of these players don't no who to even negotiate with,they no mayer won't be there next year so he does not have the ability to sign contracts.Also with the owners fighting managers are concerned about the future of the club.

I would have thought that current contractual commitments wouldnt be effected by his future tenure.

Unless his authority has changed ?

In the article JWH says he'd like to stay at Manly. If this is true it sounds like if they offer him a reasonable deal he'll stay. Certainly hope so if he's as good as all are saying.

niccipops link said:
In the article JWH says he'd like to stay at Manly. If this is true it sounds like if they offer him a reasonable deal he'll stay. Certainly hope so if he's as good as all are saying.

He's certainly impressed this year. Carries the ball up very hard & is hard to put down. Very solid in defence as well with the ability to put on some big hits.

It'd be a damn shame to lose him.

Pepi link said:
The roosters are also after Foran if they dont sign Carney.
Youd have to think JWH is a priority signing, im sure Manly would have already been in talks with him.

I can't see Foran going to the Roosters but he will attract offers from other clubs and Manly will have to be quite a bit to resign him.

JWH will ask be attracting decent money.

If Manly are to sign both of these, that has to put pressure on the cap. They would be hoping to make the savings in a reduced contract to Oford. Whether that is likely to happen who knows !

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6