News: Lyon: give my NSW spot to someone else

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY star Jamie Lyon yesterday called on State of Origin selectors to overlook him and pick Matt Cooper and Michael Jennings as the NSW State of Origin centre pairing. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/lyon-give-my-nsw-spot-to-someone-else.html">Read the full article</a>

I cannot believe in this day and age a man cannot say no I don't want to do that as it will take time away from my family and that the NRL can't respect that, The NRL's stance itself brings the game into disrepute.

missing_something link said:
I cannot believe in this day and age a man cannot say no I don't want to do that as it will take time away from my family and that the NRL can't respect that, The NRL's stance itself brings the game into disrepute.

I agree with what you are getting at but in this case it is the ARL and not the usual NRL that should be getting the abuse.

The ARL/NRL distinction nowadays is mostly a furphy. The ARL are totally toothless and subservient to News Ltd.  Having Laurie Daley as an ARL selector says it all.

Daley by the way makes more and more a goose of himself the more he opens his mouth in the media.  First he was selecting Lyon then he wasn't and now he is again. And these changes had nothing to do with form. Seems form and player motivation take a backseat to politics.

Meanwhile Lyon acts egolessly and with class.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25412941-5012431,00.html

Lyon requesting to be left out of the squad will ensure that he is selected. Maybe he should change tactics and say that he really wants to play, then they'll drop him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4