1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Lowe slams NRL's handling of Carney incident

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>THE relationship between Manly and the NRL has sunk to an all-time low over inconsistencies in the Brett Stewart-Todd Carney bad behaviour cases.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5394-lowe-slams-nrls-handling-of-carney-incident.html">Read the full article</a>

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Good on Lowe.  Now all I want is for any Manly rep on any board to dis Gallop.

3. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    I've heard Geoff Bellew's name being bandied about. How would others feel about having him there?

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I'm glad that the club is standing up to Gallop and his ridiculous treatment of Brett. I just hope they keep the pressure on until Gallop either apologises or offers a plausible explanation as to why there is such a gross inconsistency. I'll be interested to see if the Benji Marshall case is swept under the carpet like Carneys was. 

5. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    To be honest I am sick of reading about it.  We all know Stewart was suspended for the allegations levelled at him.  Time to move on as nothing will come of the constant sniping at the NRL.

6. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    I for one intend to maintain the rage against Gallup until he is gone!

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Iagree Garts.  Sweeping under the carpet is letting Gallop of the hook.  Maintain the rage.  Get in the ear of our administrators so they don't vote for the clown. 

8. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Its all about jumping to conclusions. Brett is looking for the NRL to admit they made the call due to the accusations...then he'll sue them for defamation and the club will get some of the 100k back

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I'm sick of reading about other players involved in worse incidents then Brett getting slaps on the wrists. Of course nothing will come of it if we just let it pass without a mention. I for one don't want Gallop anywhere near this new IC, let alone accepting that he'll be CEO without a murmur of a protest. He is not the guy to take this game forward.

10. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The continued inconsistency is the issue. Darren Lockyer was drunk and filmed - no action. There have been many more and it was that fool Gallop that said it was not the rape charges but the intoxication that was the issue and the reaosn for the $100 000 dollar fine and four weeks suspension. Thurston, Carney and numerous others have got off virtually scot-free so he his words are a joke.