News: Lowe already back at the helm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
Kiwi - the point is that didn't happen (re - Kennedy) - did it. We  get what we are dealt, and on face value, we haven't been as innovative and strategic as we could have been.

DSM5 - I certainly wouldn't have gone for the role. I much prefer job security. I'd hate to have to bow to an owner who's ego gets in the way of right decision making.

Plus, it would be strictly business acumen why I'd want to be selected. It would be networking. Not as a mediator. You know, there are professionals that get paid around $150 bucks an hour that could probably do what Grampa Simpson has been asked to do over two years in two days.

Here's the thing. We NEEDED and active CEO this off season. Lowe was unable to fulfill that role due to ill, or poor health. I do feel bad for him. I hope the job doesn't send him to his grave early....but the writing is on the wall. Who really didn't see this happening?

The position has been filled though, and I'll live with it. I'm excited to see what fresh, new and brilliant plans and idea's Lowe has that will differentiate our brand from the others, that will be a mission statement as a \"compelling reason to buy\" Sea Eagles.

I wonder how much mediation is currently being done from a hospital bed. The one reason he has been brought here, and he can't fulfill that role to expectation. How can Lowe \"unite the clans\" (which in itself is ridiculous to begin with), when he probably needs someone to care after him personally himself.

Don't be naive guys. This is a very volatile time for individual clubs. Only the strong will survive. You see how often, and frequently discussion is held relating to relocation, budget and performance off the park. A board, some owners, and a CEO can get along as much as they like. They get to above mentioned wrong, well, I'll leave it to you to consider those ramifications. 

He had a clean bill of health when selected mate

Correct me if I am wrong here, but from memory he was only going to start the job after Xmas anyway, regardless of Health issues ?

Maybe his network in Rugby League will be a bonus in getting things on the right track and stitching up some deals, who knows, time will tell

I remember floating a question about Paul Osbourne's credentials prior to his appointment at Parramatta, and I don't think many views were that he would be any good, Mata certainly didn't rate him, but things seem to be moving along bloody nicely at Parra since he got the job

I still don't really see what Ozzie has done for the Eels yet... The biggest positive he's been involved with at Parra is that his name isn't Denis Fitzgerald.

I mean really - did he have anything to do with their on-field stuff after he signed on? Absolutely not. That sort of front office stuff would take at least 12 months to flow into on-field performance. And what else has he done? Talked a lot in the media, got Tahu back and re-signed Jarryd Hayne.

I'll reserve my judgement on him for the moment.

Fair enough too mate, as I also thought all the stuff at the end of the year about how he had done this and that to save Parra was over the top. A winning team is certainly a help for a CEO though, wonder how highly Mayer would be thought of it we hadn't won the comp

To be fair to Ozzie he did use his contacts in the media to be the public face of the Eels absolutely everywhere. It would have helped him a huge amount that they made it through to the GF. Anyway, he gave the club a higher profile and he came across very well.

Osborne was an atrocious politician in Canberra and it remains to be seen that he is the Messiah Eels fans proclaim him to be.  He's been given an armchair ride so far because everyone couldn't wait to see the back of Fitzgerald.

We on the other hand knifed a world class CEO who is vindicated by his head hunting by the AFL.  For what?  A bloke who will probably spend his first week in an Excel training course.

Volley link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=182227.msg248457#msg248457 date=1262597450]
What is it really about Ryan?  Didn't you make the short list?

Usually Ryan has a short fuse when it comes to digs about his height.
[/quote]

Length's the only thing that matters Volley - and I got plenty of that - just ask your missus ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4