News: Lowe aims high in membership battle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
membership is the one thing that has improved significantly (outside of the owners fighting) under Lowe and people still whinge at that.

If Lowe was a better CEO Souths would not have been in the comp 40 years before us.  Its pathetic that he let them get such a head start.

How much does each new membership mean to the club, both in terms of outright cash and future marketability?

I would think 3000 odd new members would be reason for huge celebration on here, not this navel gazing crap. Sure some people don't like Lowe, Ok, I get it. That's fine. Sponsor or no sponsor we have 3000 odd new members, and that is worthy of some respect regardless.

Have we ever grown our membership by that many in a year, what about by that percent - I highly doubt it.

When we do sign a new sponsor they will have to pay more for every new member, every person who the club can point to and say that they will be at the game. This should increase our crowd figures, this should add to our bottom line revenue. And this should make upgrading Brookvale an easier sell.

All good, and well done everyone involved. 

Just had a look at the membership numbers on NRL.com, it says we have 43% growth over last years numbers, the best of all clubs at this stage.

Congratulations to all involved and a big thumbs up to Lowie for heading the growth in membership.

WE'VE HIT 7000 MEMBERS!
It's been an exciting week here at the Sea Eagles as we surpass the half way mark in our membership drive!

First and foremost we like to send out a big thank you to all our new members who have signed up recently!

We've had an overwhelming response to our 'Next Generation' Membership and have seen our member numbers swell to over 7,000 in the last week alone.

With our busy staff still processing orders placed this week, our numbers are set to grow even further! And there's an exciting buzz traveling around as we inch closer and closer to our goal of 10,000 members.

And with so many orders it means we also have a lot of member packs to send out. We're also doing this as fast as we can and are aiming to have these to you by the end of the month.

And while we unfortunately missed out on winning the "Battle of the Baeches" to the Sharks last week, it doesn't mean you can't still sign up to be part of the 'Team Behind the Team".

With plenty of packages available, and of course the FREE Next Generation Membership, there's never been a better time to sign up as a Sea Eagles member.

WE NEED YOU!

7000 and heading towards the magic 10,000

who would have thought

Now for a sposor announcement tonight and all will be rosey

Wheel, that's a warm and fuzzy release but inflated membership numbers that also incorporate the free memberships that have been given to kids, don't pay the bills and are misleading at best.
How many of the 7000 are actually paid members? Maybe half?
And how many of those are season ticket holders paying over say $250 per year?

WAMF link said:
Wheel, that's a warm and fuzzy release but inflated membership numbers that also incorporate the free memberships that have been given to kids, don't pay the bills and are misleading at best.

Agree WAMF but hopefully the 'herd' mentality of a lot of members signing up will entice a few more as well.

I imagine the numbers of members influences sponsorship as well.  Nobody would want to sponsor a footie team with ten members. 

Souths have been inflating their member numbers for years with freebies & 1 game memberships. They'll never let the truth get in the way of a good story so why should we?

Duff i would be interested to know how much of our growth has been from the free membership V paid

It would definitely be interesting. The club should keep that sort of thing to themselves until we land a major sponsor though.

Hmm...I wonder how many new NZ members the Maori TV deal brought in?

Speaking of that, here's an idea to overtake Souths.
Lowe should organise a special Kiwi membership where they can sign their sheep up for a free membership baaaa.

WAMF link said:
WAM  i was thinking the same thing the figures look encouraging, but  how beneficial is it really financially, i`d say we probably have around 4,000  actually paying memberships..  the only bonus is them kids with the free memberships need a paying  adult to accompny them to the games , but if mum or dad dont want to go, then its useless..

Agree - also the potential to market to the parents of the under9's would be the real carrot

ManlyMembership Our membership team are here this afternoon ready to sign up any new members. Will you join? #weneedyou
http://twitpic.com/3yijfp

Kids grow up and they talk to their mates.  All good.  I'd like to see membership just roll over like my electricity billing system year to year unless I tell them to stop. 

My old man took me to the footy as a kid because we got free tickets for kids through the junior footy team. 30 odd years later, I'm buying him a season ticket each year, as well as my wife and 3 kids, and my sister.

Any kid brought into the fold early on can only be a good thing. Every kid wants merchadise to wear too.

May not be  hugely financially beneficial today, but could be in the long run. You have to start somewhere.

Credit where it's due. No one can make the fully paid membership numbers triple overnight.

Sorry if i am repeating myself but the value is not in the kids (i signed up my son) but the parents who are not members

The club now has a database of people to market too.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4