News: League pair bale out of busts: Max Delmege and Benny Elias

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
<p />A LONG-RUNNING dispute over fees is believed to be at the centre of the collapse of two companies spawned from the property empire of Sydney rugby league identities Max Delmege and Benny Elias.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4781-league-pair-bale-out-of-busts-max-delmege-and-benny-elias.html">Read the full article</a>

Mata is only posting a story which was in yesterday's Australian.

I am sure that he would post similar articles about Penn if there were any printed in a newspaper.  Trouble is I don't recall ever reading any.
:)
Interesting about St george and the North sydney property.  

Clutching at straws KE.  I post numerous articles to this site weekly.  This was published and is Manly-related.

Hey Mata. Don't take this the wrong way as I am not having a go at you but I do have just a couple of questions regarding the articles that you do post here. I notice that for the article writer, you write your own name i.e. Andrew. Aren't you supposed to quote the actual newspaper article writer's name and also aren't you supposed to quote a link to the sourced newspaper article? I could be wrong but I just thought that they were the legalities of using articles sourced from other websites.

Gee another cheap shot from Matas ! I see the winding up action from Leightons, which you were hanging your hat on as the nail in the coffin for Max has been dismissed (as suspected). That must be gutting for you.

Matas didn't write the article so how could that be construed as him throwing in a cheap shot?

Dan link said:
Matas didn't write the article so how could that be construed as him throwing in a cheap shot?

I know that, you know that and he knows that but like I sad in reply #5 to this thread, he has put his 1st name as the writer and has not given a link to the original article so therefore some people can be mistaken for actually thinking that he wrote the article which in turn would make them think that he is having a cheap shot at Max.

Dan link said:

Dan we all know his position on Delmege and Penn, and whose camp he is firmly entrenched in. He just can't let an opportunity to discredit Max slip by, which gets tiresome after a while. I'm not particularly attached to either owner, thankful to both of them in a way. But I find it laughable that Matas thinks that Max has less crdedibility because he does business in property development, an industry proliferated with spivs, whereas the Penns flogging snake oil weight loss remedies to insecure fat people is the epitome of ethical business dealings !! Balanced reporting, or a disclaimer of his obvious alignment to one of the camps is all that is required.

I agree with your first sentence C & C. However, on this thread and for this season, Mata has not said anything on Max Delmege  or the Penn Family. This article was posted in the Australian, is public domain and there has been no comment made by Matabele on the matter (as yet). Too many are reading other stuff into a news report.

The article is confirming some things said last year about financial pressure on some of the Delmege companies. It could explain some of the fiasco last year in terms of payment of certain moneys to MWSE Ltd. The article is certainly pertinent to our club so I cannot see what all the fuss is about, unless you want to raise issues with Matabele as to what was said last year.

Yeh, my bad. I missed the nomination of Matas as the patron saint on impartiality, I should have been paying more attention. I'll take the article for what it's worth then, purely on face value. Thanks for posting the link for it Matas.

The Gronk link said:
Posting an article from \"The Australian\" = cheap shot.

LOL

Now THERE'S an agenda being run. 
  I'll say.  Next we'll have a thesis on my article posting habits and how this will be made into Underbelly 4: A tale of two families. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=183327.msg262689#msg262689 date=1274056788]
Posting an article from \"The Australian\" = cheap shot.

LOL

Now THERE'S an agenda being run. 
  I'll say.  Next we'll have a thesis on my article posting habits and how this will be made into Underbelly 4: A tale of two families. 
[/quote]

Just promise me you won't do any nude scenes when that happens champ ;)

Matabele link said:
Clutching at straws KE.  I post numerous articles to this site weekly.  This was published and is Manly-related.

I thought this was written by yourself Mata, apologies if any offence was taken though I doubt it was

"he does business in property development, an industry proliferated with spivs, whereas the Penns flogging snake oil weight loss remedies to insecure fat people is the epitome of ethical business dealings !! Balanced reporting, or a disclaimer of his obvious alignment to one of the camps is all that is required."

Oh - my - ****ing - LORD ! AAaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha.....on so, SO many different levels....

I really liked C&C's Penn reference Ryan, it gave the thread some genuine balance  :) There's always mud available when it's raining.

C&C is probably an avid watcher of the Biggest Loser. His ego hooked him in the first instance, he thought it was a biography.

As for the Mata Underbelly. Lots of dark spaces to be exposed there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4