News: Kite tipped to step up as enforcer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY forwards Josh Perry and Jason King have backed clubmate and NSW prop Brent Kite to step up the aggression and be the Blues enforcer in Wednesday night’s State of Origin opener in Melbourne. </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/3943-kite-tipped-to-step-up-as-enforcer.html">Read the full article</a>

I'm looking forward to Kite having a big game and i think he will he knows the blues need to win the first SOO and the forwards need to set the platform.

Also I've just heard that Choc will be the 18th man ?

I dont think that's turning on your own. I too am of the opinion that Kite is no enforcer.

Crocker is an enforcer, Kite would never have done to another player what Crocker did to Stewart in 07 Grand Final.

Some players have that mongrel and aggression in their game like Matai, Kite doesnt.

Anyone remember a certain game at Brookvale last season where Kite gave Crocker a few and Crocker disappeared into his hole for the rest of the game

Kite is by no means "soft" but i agree he is not an enforcer, same with Luke Bailey.
O'Donnell and Weyman are the enforcers.

King is more of an enforcer in our team - doesn't mean he is a better player.

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=180589.msg225801#msg225801 date=1243842593]
Won't happen.

C&C Why do you say that ?
[/quote]

He's just not that type of player. When was the last time you saw him be overtly aggressive. That's not a slight on his playing ability (I'm not turning on him CW), it's more to do with the type of person he is. You can't be a God fearing front rower and be intimidating in my book, look at Jason Stevens for another example.

I hope he plays well, for his and NSW's sake, but I can't see him putting fear into the Qld pack. Better off leaving that to loose cannons like Weyman.

Pepi link said:
....King is more of an enforcer in our team - doesn't mean he is a better player.

King's going well. Perry was more of an enforcer last year, he needs to pick that up a bit. Choc is more of an unforcer (in charge of unforced errors)

Pepi link said:
Kite is by no means \"soft\" but i agree he is not an enforcer, same with Luke Bailey.
O'Donnell and Weyman are the enforcers.

King is more of an enforcer in our team - doesn't mean he is a better player.

Yes King is an enforcer and a better player.  Kingy should have been the first prop picked for NSW instead of that old has been bald man Bailey. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6