News: Kingy and Kite are top Origin picks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SHARKS prop Kade Snowden has endorsed Manly pair Jason King and Brent Kite for Blues’ selection next month following the Sea Eagles thrilling 19-13 win over Cronulla at Toyota Park on Saturday night.

Read the full article

Did Kade Snowden suffer concussion in that game? IMO not only was he the best prop on the field he was clearly the man of the match.

Great game from Snowden, overshadowed our guys.....tell you who I was impressed with last night was Corey Patterson from the Knights, big strong agressive forward...don't know he's SOO quality yet but gee pretty good!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/selection-blues-as-ricky-stuart-casts-net-wide/story-e6frexnr-1226037483666

A list of contenders according to the Telegraph

is it April fools ? no way is Kite anywhere near the top 4 props in NSW - at his best is a different story but the way he has played since 2008 g/f is at the opposite end to how he played leading up to that g/f.

stewy in the running for SOO from their list = list is useless

Snowden will be first prop picked.

King having played before will have a chance if he keeps clocking up 100m plus like the last couple of weeks.

Kite will be in front of the tv

I thought Snowden had been smoking crack when I read the headline, but in fairness to him he doesn't really mention Kite. I suppose King is a chance, even he is got to be better than Brett White.

Someone else who has fallen right off the SOO radar is Gifty.

we have very little chance of anyone which is great 4 us but shows that we have lost the "stars" that we were always known to have. We have to stop referring to our "superstars" if they can't even make a poor NSW origin team, let alone Australia!! Good for contract negotiations!!

Bit sad though, loved watching Manly boys playing top level stuff. Gee, King and Kite are behind alot of props in that lists. That who we should be targetting!!

Having Kitey run into you must be a lot harder than watching him play on the field.
And Des being more than happy with his form signals we're gonna get more of the same from our Clive Churchill medal winner.

An article in the DT has possible origin players, neither King or Kite feature in the props/bench. Only Lyon and Watmough. Then again, it still talks up Brett White as a contender (with no recent form)

Both King & Kite should be mightily insulted by that list.

Only way to fix that is make the selectors notice over the next 5 weeks.

Hope not. Who do we play over the origin period? I personally don't want any Manly players picked. Lyon especially as he always picks up, or aggravates, an injury.

Dont worry. They will both lift in the next few weeks, but will still miss out. Sticky wont even look at them. Just dont tell the players.

I agree DSM, would be very happy to see NONE picked.

I doubt Lyon (through an injury plagued start to the year) or Watmough will have done enough for selection anyway and I certainly don't see Kitey or Kingie as Origin players when looking at that same list in the Telecrap.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6