News: Killer tips rookie 'Cherry' to come out on top

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div class="content-item" />
<p>MANLY skipper Jamie Lyon has anointed rookie half Daly Cherry-Evans to direct the Sea Eagles next year.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5292-killer-tips-rookie-cherry-to-come-out-on-top.html">Read the full article</a>

Not sure about this 'anointing' process. Why not just give the lad the thumbs up, or a vote of confidence or something? Does it have religious connotations? Maybe it means he is blessed!

"Kieran Foran and his brother Liam are also options should Cherry-Evans not stand up to the task"

Wait what?

When did Liam become an option?

a·noint   
[uh-noint]  Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
to rub or sprinkle on; apply an unguent, ointment, or oily liquid to.
to smear with any liquid.
to consecrate or make sacred in a ceremony that includes the token applying of oil: He anointed the new high priest.
to dedicate to the service of god

Dan link said:
\"Kieran Foran and his brother Liam are also options should Cherry-Evans not stand up to the task\"

Wait what?

When did Liam become an option?
when he signed with us about a month ago :p

I have been busy, since I missed that.

Read the quotes and Killer never said anointed... its just journalistic liscene. The writer has just exaggerated the circumstances to provoke some interest. Don't take it too seriously, they hardly had a ceremony under the full moon where he rubber ash on his forhead and they prayed to Gus' Football Gods for favour. Just a journo doing something other than writing the usual cliches

Ben, it was still probably better than the religious rites performed at Brookie before the elections, where Kitie wore the sacred Manly budgie-smugglers and pledged allegiance at the feet of the great Northern god Abbott asking for large financial blessings prior to the upcoming season. That one didn't work out too well but no doubt Lowie has been dressing in Egor's suit and making prayers at the alter of the Sponsorship gods seeking favours for the front of the jerseys.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
a·noint   
[uh-noint]  Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
to rub or sprinkle on; apply an unguent, ointment, or oily liquid to.
to smear with any liquid.
to consecrate or make sacred in a ceremony that includes the token applying of oil: He anointed the new high priest.
to dedicate to the service of god

So which of the above did Killer do?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7