News: Kieran Foran locked up?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
<p>SANDOR EARL, the rookie winger released by the Roosters <strong>after he finished a night out locked in police cells with recently sacked hooker Jake Friend, halfback Mitchell Pearce and Manly's Kieran Foran</strong>, wants a second shot at the NRL to prove the kind of person he really is.</p>
<p>Insisting he did nothing wrong at the Tank nightclub, the 20-year-old - who has been linked to the Wests Tigers among other clubs - warned other young footballers to learn from his misfortune.</p>
<p />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4461-kieran-foran-locked-up.html">Read the full article</a>

What worries me more is his fraternising with the Roosters players.  Is his signing with them in 2011 already a done deal?

and then there is this

NO wonder Manly are worried about locking down boom rookie Kieran Foran on a long-term contract. Foran's deal expires at the Sea Eagles at the end of next season and a number of clubs are interested - including the Roosters, who have the inside running. The young player's parents are separated and his mum now lives with Roosters recruitment boss Peter O'Sullivan.

Matabele link said:
Is his signing with them in 2011 already a done deal?

There has been  a rumour that a 2011 contract was signed 8 or 9 months ago. Lets hope its not true.

But I believe if Manly thought that was true they would have signed someone to replace Orford.

This was the Morrow niece incident that happened in June. Kieren was alleged to have thrown ice which started the trouble, but I never saw anything more to substantiate that. It was reported that there was no suggestion he was involved in the brawl and he was not spoken to by police. CCTV was also reviewed by police. The Sea Eagles called for a report so my guess is that he was out on the town for a long time, wasn't involved in the main problem and the club has provided him with guidance.

Can everyone tell me...if The Roosters sign him up, who will make way for him?

06. Todd Carney?
07. Mitchell Pearce?

Assuming Braith Anasta plays Lock of coarse.

Maybe Foran can play on the bench, and share the Hooking role with Aubusson??

I was told over 6 months ago he will be a Rooster in 2011 and thats somebody who works at the Leagues Club (he also told me about Todd Carney well before it hit the papers). We have been linked with Pearce for some time as well - I hope he stays but he should see what happens JWH first before deciding to go.

Ryan link said:
Can everyone tell me...if The Roosters sign him up, who will make way for him?

06. Todd Carney?
07. Mitchell Pearce?

Assuming Braith Anasta plays Lock of coarse.

Maybe Foran can play on the bench, and share the Hooking role with Aubusson??

Carney is getting first shot at the full back position "strange but true"

If Kieren is keen of the party lifestyle of the eastern suburbs then definitely he should go to the Roosters. If he is serious about his footy (which from everything I have heard he most certainly is) then he should stay right where he is with boring Des to mentor him to stardom.

If Foran was already a Rooster in 11 why would we be proposing him to be a half for us for just 12 months. That just doesnt make sense.

"MS that's gotta be BS"

Strange but true. Apparently Brian Smith will try him at fullback in the trials to see how he goes, with a view to playing him there this season.

Jatz Crackers link said:
If Foran was already a Rooster in 11 why would we be proposing him to be a half for us for just 12 months. That just doesnt make sense.

Because we will be picking up Thurston.

Post 5000 from Clon, could be his most accurate yet.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182195.msg247838#msg247838 date=1261308591]

Because we will be picking up Thurston.

Post 5000 from Clon, could be his most accurate yet.
[/quote]

I think we might be making a play for Thurston but I dont think he is worth 500K

Signing Thurston would be a bad move as he doesn't get along with a lot of players in NQ and always wants to run the show even ignoring what the coach wants.  

He rarely speaks to guys like Southern and pferers to mix with the likes of Carl Webb socially.  Read between the lines with that.

I am sure that Des has had killer in Foran's ear about how good a coach and person Brian Smith at the roosters is and how many premierships Smith has won and is likely to win.  Reason enough for Foran to stay with manly. 

I read over the weekend Smith was in tears over the Wicks situation and the article gushed about his "care" for his players. Like forcing them to play within hours of a family miscarriage I suppose?

Smith stated that he knows wicks and the family well.

I wonder if Wicks only started his alleged drug dealing after Smith left the club?

tookey link said:
Smith stated that he knows wicks and the family well.

I wonder if Wicks only started his alleged drug dealing after Smith left the club?
  A very quick ascension if he did.  He must be a business genius.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6