News: Johns call calms rookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rex

Bencher
A match-day phone call from rugby league great Andrew Johns settled Manly rookie Kieran Foran and ensured his NRL career started perfectly.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4018-johns-call-calms-rookie.html">Read the full article</a>

Foran has star written all over him i wouldn't be surprised if most clubs will go hard for his signature (back off Rorter ****s) let's hope it's Manly he re-signs for.

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=180839.msg228952#msg228952 date=1245645431]

I thought he was at the Warriors ?
[/quote]

No he signed recently with the Roosters

The good thing for us is that the roosters have signed Carney for 4 years as their 5/8 so unlikely that foran will want to go there.

tookey link said:
The good thing for us is that the roosters have signed Carney for 4 years as their 5/8 so unlikely that foran will want to go there.

Yep and pierce just resigned and BA has a couple of years to run on his contract. It would be a really bad move for him to go there and play behind that pack also. At least @ manly he only has Bailey in front of him who could easily move to lock or the second row and will probabley need to with hall, cuthbo and JWH leaving the club next year.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=180839.msg228964#msg228964 date=1245646863]

Yep and pierce just resigned and BA has a couple of years to run on his contract. It would be a really bad move for him to go there and play behind that pack also. At least @ manly he only has Bailey in front of him who could easily move to lock or the second row and will probabley need to with hall, cuthbo and JWH leaving the club next year.
[/quote]

Wouldn't Pearce resigning open up an opportunity for him?

Matabele link said:
What advice did Johns give Foran to \"calm him\"?  \"Take cocaine like me\"?
That would have far from a calming effect

I can just see Des sitting down with the young kid, and telling him his plan and Kieran sitting there with respect for what Des is telling him and that being enough to make him stay

It may be fantasy land stuff, but Des is so damn loyal to his blokes, he backs them to the bitter end, and if he sits down and has an honest chat with them I bet that word would carry some weight with the players

He'll stay.  He looks like a natural fit with the team.  What is it with this John's guy.  An admitted drug taker all his senior playing days and he still rates.  Can't figure that one.  Maybe Bird can have a word with some of the forwards.  As if.

Dan link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=180839.msg228968#msg228968 date=1245647786]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=180839.msg228964#msg228964 date=1245646863]

[/quote]

Wouldn't Pearce resigning open up an opportunity for him?
[/quote]

You'd think so but they love mediocrity over there @ the roosters and they won’t drop Pearce which or Carney next year as there half’s combo - and if one of them was to get hurt BA would just move from lock to 5/8 I would presume – I can’t see them spending the money on him.

DSM5 link said:
He'll stay.  He looks like a natural fit with the team.  What is it with this John's guy.  An admitted drug taker all his senior playing days and he still rates.  Can't figure that one.  Maybe Bird can have a word with some of the forwards.  As if.

Just because he has taken drugs doesnt mean his football advice isnt sound. He was the best halfback the game has seen.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=180839.msg228982#msg228982 date=1245650372]

Just because he has taken drugs doesnt mean his football advice isnt sound. He was the best halfback the game has seen.
[/quote]

Absolutely right. Nothing like having to state the bloody obvious is there clon? !!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2