1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Ivan unhinged by Matai try

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p />"MAYBE I should start pulling some doors off hinges," coach Ivan Cleary said yesterday after watching Manly continue to right their season, this time at the expense of his Warriors and with the help of a controversial try.

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4692-ivan-unhinged-by-matai-try.html">Read the full article</a>

2. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Shocking decision. If that is what constitues a try these days it show's we are heading in the wrong direction. I'll take it because we were playing better than them and deserved the win anyway and also because a similiarly poor decision cost us a game a few weeks back. But fark me dead, when are these wankers in pink gonna start getting it right??

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    take away the try we still win.

do the same against the eels and they lose

Thats the difference

4. court83

court83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +158 / 14
    How was awarding that try any different from all these "he had a fingernail on it so its a try" decisions???? Can anyone here say with 100% certainty that he knocked it on? It was a classic benefit try for mine

5. Liueli of Brookvale

Liueli of Brookvale Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The Matai try, was a fair try..

The ball is actually projected forward, from the downward pressure, into Matai's rib cage. The definition of downward pressure is.. Hand on ball on grass.

Ivan Cleary needs to shut the hell up!

GO MANLY!

6. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    good luck justifying that this week fella's

7. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    It was a try going by the rule book.  However the rule should be changed. 

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    We don't need to justify anything. We are not the officials. Manly are graceful winners, we accept the refs decision (and are also pleased that the officials did go to OPSM last week.)

9. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    C'mon guys we're now square for that forward pass try against parra about time
    something went our way.

10. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Well summed up Mr Fluffy.

11. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    Very true Fluffy!
    I liked Cleary as a player but unfortunately he encountered Ridge in front of him. If it wasn't for Turban Head, Ivan would have been the no 1 fullback at Manly for a number of years!