News: It's Official - Hodgo gone to the Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY boss Graham Lowe is backing half Trent Hodkinson to steer the Sea Eagles for the remainder of the NRL season after confirming the youngster was heading to the Bulldogs at the end of the year.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4867-its-official-hodgo-gone-to-the-dogs.html">Read the full article</a>

Somethings just not right when you have the dogs forking out <$300k-pa and taking what was to be our long term No 7 and all we can do is suggest we will now look internally for a replacement.

he should be sent to queensland cup... why are we going to give him nrl experience for the dogs ..punt him & bring up dce we have to give him experience in nrl.. we have to look to next year.. might as well start now by showing dce the ropes of being an nrl 1st grader..

deadset i dont know why you`s cant see the logic in that who gives a fuk about this yr its a loss..  but  .... if im going to go along with having trent still playing for us after he has agreed to the dogs.. just punt him to queensland cup .. he is the dogs problem now we dont need to nurture him or anything..

by the way i knew last week he wasnt staying.... :-X
:)..  why would a player who is staying need a media announcement they only have them  when the player is leaving..

WE dont know if DCE will do a better or worse job than TH so it would be worth giving it a shot for a few games

Fluffy link said:
WE dont know if DCE will do a better or worse job than TH so it would be worth giving it a shot for a few games
well we have to think about next yr fluff.. either we start giving dce nrl experience now or kiss next years season goodbye also..

They took Aaron Groome & destroyed his career.
They already have Ben Barba. I'm sure he'd be wondering where his career is going.
There's a Mortimer in the comp he wont play for them.

I wonder what they'll do to Hodko.

Who cares what they do to Hodkinson.  The fact is he's gone so what do we do.  Do we play him, or give the gig to someone who will be with us in 2011 and beyond?  Seeing as how his form has fallen away of late, I'd give him another couple of games and if he doesn't improve, give another a go.  I like the idea of Stewie coming closer to the action in 2011.  5/8th?   

DSM5 link said:
Who cares what they do to Hodkinson.  The fact is he's gone so what do we do.  Do we play him, or give the gig to someone who will be with us in 2011 and beyond?  Seeing as how his form has fallen away of late, I'd give him another couple of games and if he doesn't improve, give another a go.  I like the idea of Stewie coming closer to the action in 2011.  5/8th?   

A few more games for Hodko to see if he is up to it. If not DCE has to have a half a dozen games to see if he could be an option for next season. However, a decision on DCE has to be made as he could go as well if the Club does not make its intentions clear.

DSM5 link said:

That notion does excite me. At the same time, I really hope that if Des is indeed thinking about moving Snake that we have a backup plan for the off chance he can't cut it in the halves.

DSM5 link said:

Yeah I think that we have to face up to Stewart never having the pace needed from the back.  He has always had a good passing game and so I could see him in the 6 no problems.  Also, first impressions are that Hoppa looks very solid, and I imagine with another off season in him will demand 1st grade selection. 

My only concern is that Foran is not a true 7, however this year he has essentially played as a halfback - with him and Hodkinson taking one side each. 

1. Hopoate
2. Robertson
3. Matai/Whare
4. Lyon
5. D Williams
6. B Stewart
7. Foran

17. T Williams

1st choice fill in upon injuries - Farrar. 

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183589.msg266614#msg266614 date=1276575623]

Yeah I think that we have to face up to Stewart never having the pace needed from the back.  He has always had a good passing game and so I could see him in the 6 no problems.  Also, first impressions are that Hoppa looks very solid, and I imagine with another off season in him will demand 1st grade selection. 

My only concern is that Foran is not a true 7, however this year he has essentially played as a halfback - with him and Hodkinson taking one side each. 

1. Hopoate
2. Robertson
3. Matai/Whare
4. Lyon
5. D Williams
6. B Stewart
7. Foran

17. T Williams

1st choice fill in upon injuries - Farrar. 
[/quote]

Farrar would surely need a spot on the bench every game, no?

Jatz Crackers link said:
Somethings just not right when you have the dogs forking out <$300k-pa and taking what was to be our long term No 7 and all we can do is suggest we will now look internally for a replacement.
Get used to it.

Doggies sign rising star Hodkinson

Steve Zemek and Aap | 16th June 2010

CANTERBURY'S search for a successor to halfback Brett Kimmorley is over, the NRL club confirming it has signed rising star Trent Hodkinson.

The 21-year-old halfback, who was a major part of the Sunshine Coast's 2009 Queensland Cup premiership win, has signed a three-year deal with the Bulldogs reportedly worth $800,000.

It caps a memorable year for the Parramatta junior, who played for City Origin in May just six games after making his first-grade debut.

“I've had my eye on Trent for some time now,” Canterbury coach Kevin Moore said.

“There is no better young halfback in the game and we're very happy to have him.”

Current Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles halfback Daly Cherry-Evans is now in line to move up into the NRL in 2011.

Manly Chief executive Graham Lowe has ruled out making a play for former Sea Eagles No.7 Matt Orford, who is reportedly on the verge of returning to Australia from the English Super League.

Lowe expressed a desire for the club's next halfback to come from within the club.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/06/16/canterbury-doggies-sign-rising-star-Hodkinson/

Personally i actually admire the fact that Lowe is looking to support one of our juniors or existing players to come up through the ranks.

It's a good way to build loyalty for the younger and fringe players knowing the club would prefer to back one of them rather than buy an external player.

I'll chalk that up to a positive for him

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4