1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: It's been a long road, but Stewart is back where he belongs

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

+2,097 / 13
    <p>BRETT STEWART was close to tears as he told of his pride at captaining Manly to a courageous defeat of the Sydney Roosters yesterday.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5443-its-been-a-long-road-but-stewart-is-back-where-he-belongs.html">Read the full article</a>
  2. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+8,885 / 99
    Stewie is a lengend. A Champion player no doubt, but an even better person. I just saw on the news the footage of him saying he wanted to thank the Brookie fans next week for their support over the last 2 years. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't feel like he owes us a thank you. I feel like we owe him one. The fact that he wants to do it though, speaks volumes for the quality of person he is. 
  3. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

+38 / 0
    So awesome to finally be seeing all these positive articles!

Next weekend is gonna take forever to come, but it'll be epic.
  4. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    +211 / 4
    As Manly fans, we should give him the credit he deserves for being a champion, a packed Brooky on a Sunday arvo. Anything less than a sellout would be disappointing. If I remember rightly his last Brooky game was a sellout vs Tigers where he scored a hatrick. Correct me if I'm wrong!
  5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

+2,290 / 60
    You're wrong.

What is also wrong is the Wikipedia entry for Brett Stewart.  It looks like the sort of thing Gallop would write to paint Stewart in a bad light.  Is there someone capable of correcting the injustice?  Matabele? DSM? Someone?