1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News: Is big Willie Mason an NRL scapegoat

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Jan 28, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    <p>WHY is Willie Mason on the nose to such an extent that his career is on the scrapheap at the age of 29?</p>
    <p />

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4513-is-big-willie-mason-an-nrl-scapegoat.html">Read the full article</a>

2. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    It is rare that I agree with Rothfield but some of his points are close to my viewing of the situation. I know we have done Willie to death but I just haven't been convinced he is the baddest apple in the NRL barrel.

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Blacktown council are looking for garbolists

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    You've got to wonder why the Roosters are prepared to pay him $7,500.00 a week to sit on the sideline, or are willing to pay a fair chunk of his contract just to be rid of him to another club. Clearly it's not because he is "misunderstood".

5. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    If there is more to the Roosters wanting to get rid of Willie than we know about, the other clubs need to sit down with the chooks to learn how to keep things out of the media.

6. DailyTerrorgraphHater

DailyTerrorgraphHater Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If there is more to the Roosters wanting to get rid of Willie than we know about, the other clubs need to sit down with the chooks to learn how to keep things out of the media.
    [/quote]

7.5 grand a week for a bench spot is pretty sweet.

7. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +947 / 80
    In 03 & 04 we would have killed to have willie at manly pitty we can't get him now des would have brought the mongrel back in him.