News: Inglis struggling with assault claims

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
. . . and the answer is – the AFL is run by the AFL Commission. The Commsision has run the game since 1985. Its wealth and power has since dramatically increased, especially since a re-structure in 1999. The Commsission has 8 members elected by the 16 clubs plus a CEO appointed by the Commission.

A former player, Andrew Demetriou, has been CEO since 2003. Commissioners include highly qualified people with top level experience in government, business & administration. They include a former Rhodes Scholar, an Executive Director of BHP, and a Federal Court judge. Aside from Demetriou, four others are also former top level players and/or coaches. Two Commissioners are women.

The Commission’s constitution proclaims it as the “keeper of the code”. It has power over all aspects of the game. The commission has become involved when players bring the game into disrepute, including: 2007 investigation into the West Coast Eagles off-field culture - including Ben Cousins rehabilitation from drug addiction, Daniel Kerr's criminal charges and the hospitalisation of Chad Fletcher on the Las Vegas after choking on his own vomit.

Big deal, we got Gallop, the ARL, News Ltd, etc etc.

Well summarised SER8.  If League is to hope to compete under the increasing AFL and Football and Union challenges, time to unleash the News Ltd shackles, regain control of the finances, and get with the program.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I think if the ARL agree to relinquish some of their control that might just happen!!

I still think that the ARL should run the game but first they would have to have a good cleanout of the administration team.

we'd be back to the bad old days then Jethro.

wont get back to that stage, this bastardised system they have now is obviously not working either

Fro link said:
we'd be back to the bad old days then Jethro.

wont get back to that stage, this bastardised system they have now is obviously not working either

Not necessarily.  They were the governing body before and I can't see why they can't be again.  Sure they had their problems before but I can't see why they can't improve themselves for the better with better management.  In my opinion, the ARL just need a complete overhaul with the way they used to manage the game and start looking after the game from the grassroots & up.  On another note, the NRL has no identity.  We live in Australia and Rugby League played here should be identified by using the this country's name.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4